Eagle Point day-use area provides a beautiful and grassy setting near the dam on Wappapello Lake. The park offers an accessible picnic shelter accommodating up to 100 guests, making it an ideal location for a large gathering of friends and family.
Wappapello Lake is fed by the St. Francis River and boasts 8,400 surface-acres on a whopping 45,000-acre expanse of public land, in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains.
Sports enthusiasts will enjoy the volleyball and tennis courts.
The panorama of water sports on the lake include fishing, boating, water skiing and swimming.
The accessible picnic shelter fits 100 guests. The area includes a scenic overlook, volleyball court and flush toilets.
Hikers of all ages will enjoy the Lost Creek Nature Trail, located in the nearby Lost Creek Recreation Area.
The Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center--located near the gatehouse, south of the dam-- offers more information on the area as well as recreation.
EAGLE POINT RECREATION AREA
10992 HIGHWAY T
WAPPAPELLO MO 63966-9603
Phone Number:Project Office:(573)222-8562
PARK RANGER: 573-778-5404;
PROJECT OFFICE: 573-222-8562
The events listed here are not intended to be an all inclusive list. Please contact the park for further details.
- 35th Annual Black Powder Rendezvous: This is the longest consecutive rendezvous in the state of Missouri and it is held in the Greenville Recreation Area. There will be crafts, demonstrations, shooting competitions, traders and food for all representing the mid 1800s time period. Free to attend from Apr 20 2013 to Apr 21 2013
- National Drag Boat Races: This event will be held at the Redman Creek Recreation Day Use Area cove pending an approved permit from May 18 2013 to May 19 2013
- Kids Outdoor Fun Day: Many activities will be happening during this half day celebration. Children's games and information booths will be located at the Lost Creek Recreation Area off CR 523. This event includes not only fishing activities, but also archery and pellet gun shooting. on Jun 15 2013
- Ranger Willie's Wet and Wild Waterfest: A variety of family oriented water safety games and activities such as tug of war, PFD fashion show, O.H.I.O Challenge, canoe/inner tube racing, cardboard boat building/racing, sand sculpturing and much more will be held at the Redman Creek Beach Area. Free to attend on Jun 30 2013
- 3rd Annual Classic Amphibious Triathlon (ACAT): This event is held on the 4th Saturday in August at the Redman Creek Recreation Area. It consists of swimming, cycling, and running. Participants can be individuals or teams with various age categories. This sanctioned event is done in partnership with the SEMO Regional Water Safety Council. on Aug 24 2013
- Annual 25 Mile Labor Day Weekend Yard Sale: During this holiday weekend, the community pulls together by conducting a 25 mile stretch yard sale Friday through Monday along State Highway T and D at Wappapello Lake. Free setup is allowed on the grounds of the Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center via a Special Use Permit from Aug 30 2013 to Sep 02 2013
- Wappapello Outdoors Opportunity for Disabled Sportsman (W.O.O.D.S.): This event held at Redman Creek Recreation Area consists of a variety of recreational activities for the mentally and physically challenged. Examples are: boat rides, fishing, archery and pellet shoot, dutch oven cooking, etc... Free to attend on Sep 14 2013
- Old Greenville Days: Living history of the early 1900s. This event held at the Greenville Recreation Area consists of arts/crafts, rendezvous living history, live musical entertainment (bluegrass, country, gospel, clogging, etc.) and food. Free to attend from Sep 21 2013 to Sep 22 2013
- National Public Lands Day (NPLD): Groups, organizations and individuals volunteer to help conduct trail maintenance and cleanup along the shoreline and designated roadways at Wappapello Lake. Check in at the Redman Creek Recreation Area. Free to attend on Sep 28 2013
- Annual Mobility Impaired Deer Hunt: Qualified mobility impaired individuals may put in an application for a drawing to be considered for this hunt. Oct dates TBA from Oct 19 2013 to Oct 20 2013
- Festival of Lights Auto Tour: This Festival of Lights Christmas Auto Tour is held in the Redman Creek East Campground. Businesses, groups, organizations and individuals are encouraged to decorate a campsite. Campsite setup and tour is free from Nov 29 2013 to Dec 29 2013