Greenville Recreation Area is located on the northern end of Wappapello Lake, near Little Lake Creek. The spacious campground provides entertainment like volleyball, horseshoe pits and hiking for families and friends who choose to visit.
Every year, the park puts on the Old Greenville Days event to celebrate history of the early 1900's. Live music and food are part of the festivities.
Wappapello Lake, fed by the St. Francis River, has a seemingly endless string of secluded coves hugged by a winding, wooded shoreline. The public recreation area spans 45,000 acres in the southeastern Ozark foothills.
Greenville boasts a one-mile historical trail to explore. The lake is home to some of Missouri's most sought after game fish, including largemouth bass, crappie, bluegill, white bass and channel catfish.
Special events are put on throughout the year. Click here to view the schedule of events.
The day-use portion of the recreation area includes 14 picnic sites, a boat ramp with courtesy dock and volleyball court. Facilities within the campground include showers, an amphitheater, and 106 campsites with electric hookups. There is a dump station, but sewer hookups are not available at individual campsites.
Enjoyable trails surround the lake, like the Johnson Tract Natural Area and Trail and the Wappapello State Park Trail.
Getting There:GPS Info.
The physical address of the park is located a mile south of Greenville, MO.
From St. Louis, take I-55 south to Highway 67 south to
Greenville. From here, continue south about 1 mile and look
From Poplar Bluff take Highway 67 north about 29
miles and look for signs.
GREENVILLE RECREATION AREA
10992 HIGHWAY T
WAPPAPELLO MO 63966-9603
Phone Number:Information: (573)224-3884
Project Office: 573-222-8562; Park Ranger: 573-778-5404
The events listed here are not intended to be an all inclusive list. Please contact the park for further details.
- 35th Annual Black Powder Rendezvous : This is the longest consecutive rendezvous in the state of Missouri and it is held in the Greenville Recreation Area. There will be crafts, demonstrations, shooting competitions, traders and food for all representing the mid 1800's time period. Free to attend. from Apr 20 2013 to Apr 21 2013
- National Drag Boat Races : This event will be held at the Redman Creek Recreation Day Use Area cove, pending an approved permit. from May 18 2013 to May 19 2013
- Kids Outdoor Fun Day: Many activities will be happening during this half day celebration. Children's games and information booths will be located at the Lost Creek Recreation Area, located off CR 523. This event includes not only fishing activities, but also archery and pellet gun shooting. Free to attend. on Jun 15 2013
- Ranger Willie's Wet and Wild Waterfest: A variety of family oriented water safety games and activites such as tug of war, PFD fashion show, O.H.I.O. Challenge, canoe/inner tube racing, cardboard boat building/racing, sand sculpturing, and much more will be held at the Redman Creek Beach Area. Free to attend. on Jul 06 2013
- 4th Annual Class Amphibious Triathlon (ACAT): This event is held on the 4th Saturday in August at the Redman Creek Recreation Area. It consists of swimming, cycling, and running. Participants can be individuals or teams with various age categories. This sanctioned event is done in partnership with the SEMO Regional Water Safety Council. on Aug 24 2013
- Annual 25 Mile Labor Day Weekend Yard Sale: During this holiday weekend, the community pulls together by conducting a 25 mile stretch yard sale Friday through Monday along State Highway T and D at Wappapello Lake. Free setup is allowed on the grounds of the Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center via a Special Use permit. from Aug 30 2013 to Sep 02 2013
- Wappapello Outdoors Opportunity for Disabled Sportsman (W.O.O.D.S.): This event held at Redman Creek Recreation Area consists of a variety of recreational activities for the mentally and physically challenged. Examples are: boat rides, fishing, archery and pellet shoot, dutch oven cooking, etc... Free to attend. on Sep 14 2013
- Old Greenville Days: Living history of the 1900's . This event, held at the Greenville Recreation Area, consists of arts/crafts, rendezvous living history, live musical entertainment (bluegrass, country, gospel, clogging, etc...) and food. Free to attend. from Sep 21 2013 to Sep 22 2013
- National Public Lands Day (NPLD): Groups, organizations, and individuals volunteer to held conduct trail maintenance and cleanup along the shoreline and designated roadways at Wappapello Lake. Free to attend. on Sep 28 2013
- Annual Mobility Impaired Deer Hunt: Qualified mobility impaired individuals may put in an application for a drawing to be considered for this hunt. from Oct 19 2013 to Oct 20 2013
- Festival of Lights Auto Tour: This Festival of Lights Christmas Auto Tour is held in the Redman Creek East Campground. Businesses, groups, organizations and individuals are encouraged to decorate a campsite. Campsite setup and tour is free. from Nov 29 2013 to Dec 29 2013