Know Before You Go
Groups, parties, larger than 18 persons MUST reserve and stay in group sites A-F. See group camping section.
- Campsites must be reserved prior to arrival on the island. There are NO walk-ups at this facility.
- No more than 3 campsites can be reserved by any one group or party; no more than 14 days total per year.
- Please have confirmation letter, receipt, or campsite number with you.
- Hantavirus in mice. Take precautions to reduced exposure to rodents.
- To protect resources, no cardboard or corrugated boxes can be brought to the island. Bring extra food for weather delay.
Kayakers: ocean conditions can rapidly change, requiring expert abilities. Ocean kayaking is an inherently dangerous activity. Always check weather and do not kayak beyond your experience level.
Boat transportation to island required before making site reservation.
Ocean kayaking inherently dangerous. Conditions can change rapidly, requiring expert skill. Always check weather and do not kayak beyond your experience level. Hantavirus in mice. Take precautions to reduce exposure to rodents. Park staff not always available on island.
- Tent camping only, no electricity/water/sewer site hook-ups at this campground. Bring garbage bags; this facility is pack it in, pack it out. Recommend hard-sided container (i.e. action packer) to protect food/garbage from birds and mice.
- Changes/cancellations for any reason, including weather and transportation, will result in a cancellation fee.
Shade, near water faucet
Distance to Shoreline: 1/2 mile to 1 mile
No stores or services, smoking only on beach.
No fires-----campstoves only, no charcoal.
Potable water available in campground.
Food & garbage must be stored in campsite storage lockers.
For private boater/kayak/fishing/camping information, contact the park at 805-658-5730 or www.nps.gov/chis.
Upon arrival, meet ranger at beach, landing dock or campground.
A : Available for online reservation (click to book arrival date)
L : Accepting Lottery Application (click to apply for the lottery)
W : First-come-first-served at facility (subject to availability)
R : Reserved
X : Not Available
** Arrival dates earlier than the online-reservation-window may also be available at the facility.