- Groups, parties, larger than 18 persons MUST reserve and stay in group campsites A-F. Group sites accommodate up to 15 persons. Larger groups may require more than one group site reservation. Group sites have several tables, large food storage boxes, and plenty of room for multiple tents.
- No more than 4 group sites, which can accommodate up to 60 persons, can be reserved at one time; no more than 14 days total per year.
- Groups larger than 60 persons must apply for a special use permit.
- Please have confirmation letter, receipt, or campsite number with you.
- Hantavirus in mice. Take precautions to reduce exposure to rodents.
- To protect resources, no cardboard or corrugated boxes can be brought to the island. Bring extra food for weather delays.
- Kayakers: ocean conditions can rapidly change, requiring expert abilities. Ocean kayaking is an inherently dangerous activity. Always check weather and do not kayak beyond your experience level.
Group site, lots of shade Distance to Shoreline: 1/2 mile to 1 mile No stores or services, smoking only on beach. No fires------campstoves only, no charcoal. Potable water available in campground. Food & garbage must be stored in campsite storage lockers. For private boater/kayak/fishing/camping information, contact the park at 805-658-5730 or www.nps.gov/chis. Upon arrival, meet ranger at beach, landing dock or campground.
Boat transportation to island required before making site reservation. Ocean kayaking inherently dangerous. Conditions can change rapidly, requiring expert skill. Always check weather and do not kayak beyond your experience level. Hantavirus in mice. Take precautions to reduce exposure to rodents. Park staff not always available on island.