Know Before You Go
- Boat transportation required prior to reserving campsite. To protect resources, no cardboard or corrugated boxes can be brought to the island. Bring extra food for weather delay. For a few months each year, Vail and Vickers operate a private hunt for stocked deer and elk. During these hunting periods, hiking may be restricted in certain areas. Please check with island personnel before hiking and be aware of the hunting operation.
- No more than 2 campsites can be reserved at one time; no more than 14 days total per year.
- Campsites must be reserved prior to arrival on the island. There are no walk-up campsites at this facility. Sites are not site-specific. You will be assigned a site when you arrive on the island.
- Please have confirmation letter or receipt with you.
- Kayakers: ocean conditions can rapidly change, requiring expert abilities.