Visitors at Redman Creek get a chance to enjoy family picnics, peaceful strolls or a day of boating on Lake Wappapello. The large park is ideal for visitors with a variety of recreational interests, ranging from tennis to fishing to enjoying the park's scenic overlook.
Every holiday season, Redman Creek hosts the Festival of Lights Auto Tour. Visitors can help decorate campsites and tour the campground to enjoy the festive lights. Other fun events are held throughout the year, as well.
Wappapello Lake is fed by the St. Francis River and boasts 8,400 acres on a whopping 45,000-acre expanse of public land in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains.
Boaters enjoy the lake's seemingly endless string of secluded coves, lined with wooded shorelines. Water skiing is a very popular activity on the lake, as is fishing and hiking.
The day-use portion of Redman Creek includes the visitor center, four picnic shelters, basketball, volleyball, and tennis courts, horseshoe pits and more. The campground portion provides 109 full service campsites with 50-AMP electric, water and sewer hookups in addition to six non-electric boat-in island camp sites.
Explore the Johnson Tract Natural Area and Trail and hike the extensive 33-mile Ozark Trail.
REDMAN CREEK RECREATION AREA
10992 HIGHWAY T
; Project Office: (573)222-8562;
Park Ranger: (573)778-5404
The events listed here are not intended to be an all inclusive list. Please contact the park for further details.
- Kids to Parks Day: Numerous water safety games and activities are conducted. Games for all ages such as the sack race, hypothermia game, and always exciting Tug-O-War will be available. For the younger kids there will be the Bean Bag Toss and Ring Toss as well. There will also be Hillbilly Golf and Washers to test one’s skills. A water safety tent will be present with informative brochures about Wappapello along with information on water safety featuring a wide assortment of types/styles of life jackets available to view. Activities/Games will run from 10 AM -2 PM. Free to attend. on May 16 2015
- Kids Outdoor Fun Day:
Many activities will be happening during this half day celebration. Children's games and information booths will be located at the Lost Creek Recreation Area off CR 523. This event includes not only fishing activities, but also archery and pellet gun shooting. Free to attend. on Jun 20 2015
- Ranger Willie's Wet and Wild Waterfest:
A variety of family oriented water safety games and activities such as tug of war, PFD fashion show, O.H.I.O Challenge, canoe/inner tube racing, cardboard boat building/racing, sand sculpturing and much more will be held at the Redman Creek Beach Area. Free to attend. on Jul 04 2015
- 6th Annual Classic Amphibious Triathlon (ACAT):
This event is held on the 4th Saturday in August at Redman Creek Recreation Area. It consists of swimming, cycling, and running. Participants can be individuals or teams with various age categories. This sanctioned event is done in partnership with the SEMO Regional Water Safety Council. on Aug 22 2015
- Annual 25 Mile Labor Day Weekend Yard Sale:
During this holiday weekend, the community pulls together by conducting a 25 mile stretch yard sale Friday through Monday along State Highway T and D at Wappapello Lake. Free setup is allowed on the grounds of the Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center via a Special Use Permit. from Sep 04 2015 to Sep 07 2015
- Wappapello Outdoors Opportunity for Disabled Sportsman (W.O.O.D.S.):
This event held at Redman Creek Recreation Area consists of a variety of recreational activities for the mentally and physically challenged. Examples are: boat rides, fishing, archery and pellet shoot, dutch oven cooking, etc... Free to attend. on Sep 12 2015
- 24th Annual Old Greenville Days:
Living history of the 1900's. This event held at the Greenville Recreation Area consists of arts/crafts, rendezvous living history, live musical entertainment (bluegrass, country, gospel, clogging, etc...) and food. Free to attend. from Sep 19 2015 to Sep 20 2015
- National Public Lands Day (NPLD):
Groups, organizations and individuals volunteer to help conduct trail maintenance and cleanup along the shoreline and designated roadways at Wappapello Lake. Check in at the Redman Creek Recreation Area. on Sep 26 2015
- Annual Mobility Impaired Deer Hunt:
Qualified mobility impaired individuals may put in an application for a drawing to be considered for this hunt. If approved by the Missouri Department of Conservation. from Oct 17 2015 to Oct 18 2015
- 23rd Annual Festival of Lights Auto Tour: This Festival of Lights Christmas Auto Tour is held in the Redman Creek East Campground. Businesses, groups, organizations and individuals are encouraged to decorate a campsite. Campsite setup and tour is free. from Nov 27 2015 to Dec 27 2015