|A BANNER YEAR FOR RESERVEAMERICA AND OUTDOOR RECREATION IN 2007|
Ballston Spa, NY – December 5, 2007 - ReserveAmerica, the United States’ leading recreation reservation service, announced a record year across all channels for 2007, most notably with its advance online reservation results. ReserveAmerica reached a new record, with 65% of all reservations booked online, showing consumers’ preference for ReserveAmerica’s fast, convenient and easy-to-use web-based services. Consumers interested in booking their next outdoor adventure should visit www.ReserveAmerica.com.
Some of ReserveAmerica’s key 2007 highlights include:
- More than four million reservations processed.
- Five million registered users of ReserveAmerica.com
- 150 million dollars in site fees processed for our network of clients’ parks.
- Over 4,000 campgrounds with more than 200,000 sites utilizing ReserveAmerica.
- 130,000 development hours spent on enhancing America’s largest reservation service.
- Managed more than two million Camping Club email subscribers.
- 17 million consumers utilized ReserveAmerica’s online and telephone based services.
- 1,200 staff powering the peak season consumer reservation demand.
“This has been a tremendous year for ReserveAmerica and our clients,” remarked Seth Rosenberg, President of ReserveAmerica. “There is no other recreation reservation service that comes close to us in terms of system capabilities, inventory of parks, active customer base or targeted marketing capabilities. We are proud to lead the industry, and continue to make substantial investments in our technology.”
“We are thrilled with the results of our partnership with ReserveAmerica.com,” said Jim Rogers, CEO and Chairman of Kampgrounds of America Inc. “We were able to integrate our technologies to allow more than 240 KOA campgrounds to book reservations on ReserveAmerica. We only started this partnership in May, and our campgrounds have already seen more than 8,400 nights reserved, representing nearly $500,000 in booked revenues. This partnership is enabling new customers to experience the quality camping that KOA campgrounds offer.”
“ReserveAmerica represents an institutional quality partner sensitive to the technological, marketing and customer service needs that exist within the RV industry today," stated Tom Heneghan, CEO and President of ELS.
# # #
ReserveAmerica is North America's leading camping reservation and campground management solutions provider. ReserveAmerica specializes in complete reservations solutions, stand-alone call center/database management tools, online reservations solutions and park software solutions. The Company manages the largest reservable campsite inventory with partnerships throughout North America. ReserveAmerica is an operating business of IAC (Nasdaq: IACI).
John McDonald | ReserveAmerica | jmcdonald@ReserveAmerica.com (800) 695-4636 x 5581
- 17 Million campers use ReserveAmerica each year to research and plan trips.
- ReserveAmerica manages a national catalogue of over 4,000 parks with more then 300,000 campsites and cabins.
- 4 million advance reservations are processed through ReserveAmerica each year.
- 2.2 million campers subscribe to ReserveAmerica's email newsletter.
- ReserveAmerica processed America's first online camping reservation in 1997.