|CAMPING POPULARITY THROUGH THE ROOF THIS YEAR! – 16% INCREASE SETS NEW SINGLE DAY RESERVEAMERICA RESERVATION RECORD
Campers prefer the Internet - with 89% booking online
Ballston Spa, NY – February 28, 2008 - ReserveAmerica, the United States’ leading outdoor recreation reservation and campground management solutions provider, has broken its previous reservation record on its busiest day of the year by processing over 19,000 reservations on February 1st, booking roughly 76,000 camping nights for the upcoming camping season, a 16% increase over last year’s single-day reservation record. At its peak, ReserveAmerica’s reservation system was processing more than 250 reservations every minute. Campers looking to reserve a great campsite or cabin this coming season can visit www.ReserveAmerica.com and search from more than 4,000 parks and over 200,000 campsites and cabins.
“It’s great to see the continued growth of camping popularity and adoption of online reservations” said Seth Rosenberg, President of ReserveAmerica. “We have launched several enhanced online search tools for our valued customers, and it is clearly easier than ever to find a great campsite.”
Fun facts on camping:
- More Americans camp than play basketball. (OIA 2006 Recreation Economy Report)
- ReserveAmerica processes nearly 4 million reservations each year
- Over 2 million campers subscribe to ReserveAmerica’s email newsletter
ReserveAmerica is North America's leading outdoor recreation management systems and marketing services solutions provider. ReserveAmerica provides systems and services that facilitate use of North America’s leading recreation opportunities on public and private lands. ReserveAmerica has successfully managed more than 35 million reservations, with 4 million reservations processed in 2007. The Company manages the largest reservable campsite inventory with partnerships throughout North America. ReserveAmerica is an operating business of IAC (Nasdaq: IACI).
# # #
John McDonald | ReserveAmerica
Vice President, Marketing & Business Development
john@ReserveAmerica.com | www.ReserveAmerica.com
(800) 695-4636 x 5581
- 17 Million campers use ReserveAmerica each year to research and plan trips.
- ReserveAmerica manages a national catalogue of over 4,000 parks with more then 300,000 campsites and cabins.
- 4 million advance reservations are processed through ReserveAmerica each year.
- 2.2 million campers subscribe to ReserveAmerica's email newsletter.
- ReserveAmerica processed America's first online camping reservation in 1997.