Camping and Day Use Reservation Policies
Making a ReservationThe following can be booked through Recreation.gov
- Individual Campsites May be reserved up to 6 Months in advance for all agencies (EXCEPTIONS include but are not limited to Yosemite National Park, Katmai National Park and Preserve, Camp Misty Mount, and Fort Hunt)
- Cabins & Lookouts Up to 6 Months in advance (EXCEPTIONS include but are not limited to Cape Lookout National Seashore)
- Group Facilities Up to 12 months (rolling window) in advance
Call Center Hours of OperationMarch 1 - October 31 - 10:00 AM EST - Midnight EST
November 1 - February 28 - 10:00 AM EST - 10:00 PM EST
*Call Centers are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. Group Sales for ticketing is closed on Sundays.
|Group Ticket Sales
Method of Payment
| Method of Payment
|| Call Center
||At the Site
| Personal Checks
| Foreign Currency
1 Cash and Checks are accepted at the site
Recreation.gov Billing Information:Reservation transaction will appear on the customer's monthly credit card statement as"Recreation.gov 888-448-1474.”.
Change and Cancellation Policies:To ensure fairness for all Recreation.gov customers, reservations with departure dates outside the 6 or 12 month booking window cannot be changed or cancelled until 18 days after the reservation is made.
- Camping/Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including Campsites, Cabins, Group Facilities, etc.)
- Cancellations and changes can be made either at Recreation.govor by calling our Call Center.
This $10.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from the amount of the refund given to the customer.
Late Cancellations:Late cancellations are those cancelled after 12:00 midnight (Eastern Time) two days before arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If an individual cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a$10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply
- Cabins/Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
No-shows:Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
No-shows, early departures, or cancellations after the scheduled arrival date are not entitled to a refund. Cancellations for a a single night's use reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply will not be assessed a service fee.
Camping/DayUse: If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival, does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under “Late Cancellations above, he or she will be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit the first night use fee the total day use fee.
Refunds:Refunds must be requested no later than 14 days after your scheduled departure date.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities an additional reservation fee is charged. This additional fee is $10.00 for call center reservations and $9.00 for Internet reservations Reservation fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bankcard payments will be issued as a credit to the original bankcard. Please note the charge on your bankcard statement will read "Recreation.gov 888-448-1474".
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note! Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates and sites (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded.
Senior and Access Pass Discounts:Owners of the Interagency Senior and Access Passes (and the Golden Age and Access Passes) may receive a fifty-percent discount on the use fee for individual campsites. This discount does not apply to fees for cabins, lookouts, or group facilities and it may not apply for specific facility amenities such as electricity, water, sewer, or extra fees charged for prime or premium sites.
- Pass Verification: Customers with these passes are required to provide the pass number at the time the reservation is made in order to receive the discount, and to present the pass and one form of identification upon arrival. If you do not provide proper documentation, you must pay the full recreation use fee prior to using the facility. If a customer makes more than one reservation for the same location and date(s), the discount will only apply to the site the pass owner occupies.
Changes to the Policies and Procedures: Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will waive day use fees for active service military personnel and their dependents who present the new America the Beautiful Military Pass or Department of Defense Identification Card or Common Access card (CAC) at the park on arrival.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will waive camping fees for active service military personnel or DOD (Department of Defense) civilians and their dependents who are on mid- or post- deployment leave orders from a Global War on Terror Overseas Contingency Operations. The camping fee waiver does not apply to other active military personnel or DOD civilians.
Camping fees are waived on a walk-up and space available basis as well as reservations made through the Recreation.gov call center at 1-877-444-6777.
To qualify for the free camping waiver:
- You must be an active service military member or DOD (Department of Defense) civilian.
- You must be on mid- or post- deployment (reintegration) leave orders from a Global War on Terror to Overseas Contingency Operations.
- The active service military member must also present the following information at the park on arrival/check-in:
- ATB Annual Pass or Military OR
- A Department of Defense ID or Common Access card (CAC) that verifies the person is an active service member of the U.S. military or DOD (Department of Defense) civilian AND
- Leave orders that verify the person is on mid- or post- deployment (reintegration) leave orders from a Global War on Terror to Overseas Contingency Operations