The maximum # of tickets that can be purchased per call varies by location. Please check the tour facility description for further details.
The following types of tickets may be reserved in advance for tours:
Individual Tickets - Most tour facilities allow reservations up to 6 months in advance and up to the day before arrival. Exceptions include Arches National Park Fiery Furnace, Carlsbad Caverns, Chimney Rock National Monument, Independence Hall, Firefly Event, the Washington Monument, Frederick Douglass, National Archives, Pearl Harbor Historic Sites, and Scotty's Castle. A limited number of tickets may be available on a first-come first served basis at facilities.
Group Tickets – Group tour tickets can be reserved up to 12 months in advance.
- Chimney Rock National Monument - Private group tours of 10 or more can be reserved by calling 970-731-7133.
- Frederick Douglass SCHOOL GROUP tour reservations must be made through Group Sales by calling 877-559-6777. Group reservations must be booked at least 1 week in advance.
- National Archives tickets must be made at least 5 days prior to arrival and up to 6 months in advance.
- Pearl Harbor Historic Sites (USS Arizona) bookings must be made at least 12 hours prior to arrival and up to 6 months in advance.
Ticket Delivery or Pickup: Tickets for all locations except National Archives be picked up at Will Call locations. Please check your confirmation letter for specific pickup times prior to your tour. Visitors must bring their confirmation letter with them for Voyageurs National Park tours and Mesa Verde National Park tours.
- Washington Monument, tickets booked 10 or more days in advance will automatically be mailed to you. A shipping & handling fee of $2.85 (for orders of 1-9 tickets) and $4.65 (for 10 or more tickets) will be applied to your order. Tickets ordered less than 10 days in advance can be picked up at Will Call at Washington Monument.
- Chimney Rock National Monument, National Archives, Firefly Event and Sweet Home Heritage Hikes do not distribute tickets. Instead, your reservation confirmation letter allows you to gain entrance.
Methods of Payment
|Method of Payment||Sales Channels|
|Call Center||Internet||At the Site|
Recreation.gov Billing Information:Reservation transaction will appear on customer's monthly credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 888-448-1474."
Change and Cancellation Policy:Changes are allowed on a ticket order at no additional charge. You may cancel up to the day before your tour by calling the Call Center at 877-444-6777, or via the Internet at www.Recreation.gov. For Group Sales please call 877-559-6777. Tour-to-Tour transfers and date changes are allowed within the facility.
Firefly Event does not allow changes or transfers to ticket orders. Cancellations are allowed to make room for other visitors.
Chimney Rock National Monument allows changes within 2 hours of the tour time. Transfers are not allowed. Cancellations are allowed to make room for other visitors however fees will still be forfeited.
Sweet Home Heritage Hikes allows changes and transfers to ticket orders more than 9 days ahead of the tour date. Cancellations are allowed at all times to make room for other visitors. Cancellations made within 14 days will forfeit all fees.
Picket Wire Canyonlands Guided Auto Tour allows transfers and changes to ticket types up to the tour date. Changes to date/time will not be allowed within 14 days of the tour date. Cancellations will not be allowed within 14 days of the tour date, and will forfeit all fees as a result.
Upon arrival, tickets may be changed or transferred based on availability. In general, a cancellation fee of $3.00 per ticket will be charged for all cancellations at Mammoth Cave, Carlsbad Caverns, Fiery Furnace Tour - Arches and Mesa Verde National Park. Additional cancellation fees may apply. The $1.50 fee for Washington Monument, Firefly Event, Independence Hall, National Archives, Chimney Rock National Monument, Frederick Douglass, and Pearl Harbor Historic Sites (USS Arizona) tickets are non-refundable. Please check the tour facility description page for further details.
In addition, Washington Monument reservations cannot be changed or cancelled once the reservation is complete (Washington Monument shipping and handling fees are also non-refundable).
Emergency closures: In event of an emergency closure at a tour location, Recreation.gov will attempt to notify you and offer alternate dates and tours. Every attempt will be made to reschedule your tour. Please note that the NO REFUND policy for the Washington Monument, Independence Hall, National Archives, and Frederick Douglass Home applies regardless of the circumstance for a closure.
Confirmation Policy: Full Payment is required at the time a tour reservation is made for all individual reservations. Confirmation letters are sent via email or by U.S. Postal Service.
Refunds: Refunds must be requested no later than 14 days after your scheduled tour date. Refunds will be posted to your credit card within 48 hours. No refunds will be distributed for no-shows.
- Service Fee: A Service Fee will apply to all tickets cancelled in advance. This $3 per ticket fee will be deducted from the original payment when a refund is processed.
- Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for payments made by cash payments at selected parks will be issued by check. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval.
- Refund Requests after the Tour Date: Refund requests made during or after the tour date can only be processed after approval of the facility management staff.
Senior and Access Pass Discounts: Owners of the Interagency Senior and Access Passes (and the Golden Age and Access Passes) may receive a 50% discount on the purchase price of a single ticket. The ticket reservation must be in the name of the pass owner and the discount only applies to the ticket issued to the pass owner. The pass, a photo ID, and the reservation number must be presented when the customer picks up tickets at the facility. These passes do not apply at Mesa Verde National Park.
Changes to the Policies and Procedures: Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies.