Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD THE AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
Baxter Pass Area: Special approval required for commercial use. This trail is not recommended for stock.
- No campfires above 10,400 ft.
- Food and refuse must be stored so that animals cannot get into the food or trash.
- This area is near Bighorn Sheep habitat. Use of pack goats is not advised in order to protect the health of the wild sheep.
- John Muir Wilderness regulations apply.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon wilderness regulations apply if entering the National Park. (includes Cross Country travel to Gardner Basin / Sixty Lakes areas; no night box permit pickup)
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT - The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred.
USFS Webpage for: Baxter Pass.