Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
Birch Lake Area: Special approval required for commercial use. The trail is not recommended for stock 1/3 mile below Birch Lake.
- No campfires above 10,400 ft.
- Food and refuse must be stored so that animals cannot get into the food or trash.
- John Muir Wilderness regulations apply.
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT - The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred.
USFS Webpage for: Birch Lake.