Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
Bloody Canyon Area: Special approval is required for commercial use. Stock is not recommended beyond Lower Sardine Lake.
- No campfires at Lower Sardine Lake; and no campfires above 10,000 ft., look at USFS Webpage for campfire restriction maps.
- Food and refuse must be stored so that animals cannot get into the food or trash.
- This is not the Mono Pass trail that provides access to Pioneer Basin and the Recesses in the Rock Creek and Little Lakes Valley area.
- This area is near Bighorn Sheep habitat. Use of pack goats is not advised in order to protect the health of the wild sheep
- Yosemite wilderness regulations apply when visiting the National Park. (includes no pets; no camping in Parker Canyon)
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT - The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred.
USFS Webpage for: Bloody Canyon.