Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
Cottonwood Lakes Area:
- No campfires in the Cottonwood Lakes basin or above 10,400 ft.
- Bear containers are required for storage of food and trash.
- Check the area map for the correct trail name. Trips going toward Cottonwood Pass are a different reservation.
- Fishing season is open July 1 to November 15. Lakes 1
- 4 and their tributaries are catch and release, barbless hooks; other lakes in the basin are bag limit of 5.
- This area is near Bighorn Sheep habitat. Use of pack goats is not advised in order to protect the health of the wild sheep.
- Not recommended for stock between lakes 1 and 2; or South Fork of Cottonwood Creek.
- John Muir Wilderness regulations apply.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon wilderness regulations apply if entering the National Park. (includes, Cross Country permit to hike to Mt Langley; no night box permit pickup)
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT - The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred.
USFS Webpage for: Cottonwood Lakes.