Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
Cottonwood Pass Area:
- No campfires at Rocky Basin Lakes or Chicken Spring Lake.
- Bear containers are required for storage of food and trash. Look at USFS Webpage for food storage restriction area maps.
- Check the area map for the correct trail name. Trips going toward Cottonwood Lakes are a different reservation.
- Golden Trout Wilderness regulations apply.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon wilderness regulations apply if entering the National Park. (includes, Cross Country permit to hike to Mt Langley; no night box permit pickup)
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT - The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred.
USFS Webpage for: Cottonwood Pass.