Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
Deer Lakes Area:
- No campfires above 10,000 ft.
- Food and refuse must be stored so that animals cannot get into the food or trash. Surrounding areas require use of bear containers.
- Camping is not allowed at Crystal Lake.
- There are several different trails in the area Check the area map for the correct trail name.
- John Muir Wilderness regulations apply.
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT - The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred.
USFS Webpage for: Deer Lake.