Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
Duck Pass Area:
- No campfires in Coldwater Canyon, Duck Creek or Purple Lake; and no campfires above 10,000 ft. see Maps of Campfire Restrictions.
- Bear containers are required for storage of food and trash.
- No camping within 300 ft. of the outlet of Duck Lake or Purple Lake.
- Emerald Lake trail and the trail to Ram Lake are not recommended for stock.
- John Muir Wilderness regulations apply.
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT - The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred.
USFS Webpage for: Duck Pass.