Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
Fern Lake Area:
- No campfires at Fern Lake, Anona, Ashley, Holcomb or Beck Lakes; and no campfires above 10,000 ft.
- Bear containers are required for storage of food and trash.
- There are several different trails in the area Check the area map for the correct trail name.
- All visitors to Reds Meadow Valley pay a transportation fee which allows use of the mandatory shuttle bus. Call Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center for more shuttle information. (760)924-5500.
- Ansel Adams Wilderness regulations apply.
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT - The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred.
USFS Webpage for: Fern Lake.