Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
George Creek Mt Williamson Area:
- Special approval is required for commercial guide use of this area. Not recommended for stock.
- No campfires above 10,400 ft elevation
- Food and refuse must be stored so that animals cannot get into the food or trash.
- A high clearance 4x4 vehicle is recommended for the approach.
- This area is near Bighorn Sheep habitat. Access is allowed all year; quota applies May 1 to November 1. Use of pack goats is not advised in order to protect the health of the wild sheep.
- John Muir Wilderness regulations apply.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon wilderness regulations apply if entering the National Park.
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred
USFS Webpage for: George Creek - Mt. Williams.