Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
Gibbs Lake Area:
- No campfires above 10,000 ft.
- Food and refuse must be stored so that animals cannot get into the food or trash.
- This area is near Bighorn Sheep habitat. Use of pack goats is not advised in order to protect the health of the wild sheep.
- This trail is not recommended for stock.
- Ansel Adams Wilderness regulations apply.
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred
USFS Webpage for: Gibbs Lake.