Know Before You Go:
DOWNLOAD AREA MAP FOR THIS TRAIL:Click Here.
High Trail - PCT Area:
- No campfires at Thousand Island Lake, Garnet, Ruby, Emerald Badger or Clark Lakes; and no campfires above 10,000 ft. look at USFS Webpage for campfire restriction maps.
- Bear containers are required for storage of food and trash.
- No Camping within 300 feet of the outflow of Thousand Island Lake or Garnet Lake.
- All visitors to Reds Meadow Valley pay a transportation fee which allows use of the mandatory shuttle bus. Call Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center for more shuttle information. (760)924-5500.
- Check the area map for the correct trail name. Trips going toward Shadow Creek or the River trail are a different reservation.
- Ansel Adams Wilderness regulations apply.
- Yosemite wilderness regulations apply if entering the National Park.
- Deadline: Reservation will be canceled unless the permit pick up instructions are completed before the deadline. Instructions are in the confirmation letter.
- Only the group leader or alternate leader may pick up the permit; the person picking up the permit must be going on the wilderness trip.
- BE SURE YOUR DATES AND TRAIL ARE CORRECT - The entire group must start on the trail on the entry date listed. Reservations cannot be changed or transferred
USFS Webpage for: High Trail - PCT.