- HISTORIC & CULTURAL SITE
- VISITOR CENTER
Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library, MI
National Archives and Records Administration
The Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library collects, preserves, and makes accessible to the public a rich body of archival materials on U.S. domestic issues, foreign relations, and political affairs during the Cold War era. Current holdings include 21 million pages of memos, letters, meeting notes, reports, and other historical documents. Also there are one-half million audiovisual items, including photographs, videotapes of news broadcasts, audiotapes of speeches and press briefings, film of public events, and televised campaign commercials.
The 1974-77 presidential papers of Gerald Ford and his White House staff form the core collection. These are supplemented by the pre- and post-presidential papers of Gerald Ford, the papers of Betty Ford, collections of Federal records, and more. Former government officials have donated personal papers, researchers in the period have given copies of research interviews, and private individuals associated with the issues and events of the time have given their materials.
The Library is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on the North Campus of the University of Michigan, Gerald Ford's alma mater (B.A., 1935).
The Library is part of the Presidential Libraries system of the National Archives and Records Administration, a United States government agency. Unlike other Presidential Libraries, the Museum component is geographically separate from the library/archives. The Gerald Ford Presidential Museum is in Grand Rapids, Michigan, 130 miles west of Ann Arbor, in Gerald Ford's hometown and the congressional district he represented from 1949-73. Despite the separation, the Library and Museum are a single institution sharing one director.
Address:Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library
1000 Beal Avenue
Phone: (734) 205-0555
Directions:The Gerald Ford Library is located at 1000 Beal Avenue, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, on the University of Michigan's North Campus. The Library is located at the convergence of Beal Avenue, Fuller Road, and Glazier Way. Many out of town visitors arrive via US 23, taking exit 39, Geddes Road westbound and continuing onto Fuller Road.