- INTERPRETIVE PROGRAMS
- VISITOR CENTER
Las Vegas Art Museum, NV
Smithsonian Institution Affiliations Program
The Las Vegas Art Museum was founded as the Las Vegas Art League in 1950 by a group of dedicated volunteers who believed strongly in the need for a local art venue. In 1966, the group moved the organization to a location in historic Lorenzi Park. In 1997, the Art League changed its name to the Las Vegas Art Museum and relocated to a 30,000 sq. ft. space in the Sahara West Library/Fine Arts Museum building. With this move, the Museum begain to mount a series of major exhibitions on internationally recognized artists such as Marc Chagall, Salvador Dali, Dale Chihuly and Auguste Rodin--attracting new audiences and new crowds. Visitorship has jumped from approximately 2,500 per year in 1995, to over 60,000 in 2000/2001. The museum looks forward to increasing its service to the community through its exhibition and education programs and aspires to become one of the country's leading visual arts institutions.
Address:9600 West Sahara Avenue