North Fork Smith Trailhead
See Trail pages for more information.
Your browser is not optimized for Google Maps
From Reedsport, OR:
- From Reedsport, Oregon travel north on Hwy 101 across Umpqua River Bridge turning right onto Forest Road #48 (Lower Smith River Road).
- Travel 15.9 miles then turn left onto Forest Road #48A (North Fork Smith River Road).
- Travel 10.6 miles, turning right onto Forest Road #23.
- Travel for 4.3 miles to the North Fork Smith Trailhead on the left.
From Eugene, OR:
- From Eugene, Oregon travel west on Highway 126 for 33.0 miles.
- Between mile markers 26 and 27, turn right (south) at the “Whittaker Creek Recreation Area” sign.
- Travel 1.6 miles turning right across a bridge onto Road #18-8-28 at another Whittaker Creek sign.
- Travel this road for 1.5 miles, turning to the left onto Road #18-8-28.1 (Dunn Ridge Road)
- Continue on this road for 7.0 miles to a "T" shaped junction at the end of the pavement.
- Turn left onto Road #18-8-9 (Knowles Creek Road). This road will take you along the north side of Roman Nose Mountain.
- Travel for 1.6 miles veering to the right onto Forest Road #919
- Travel Forest Road #919 for 2.8 miles to a "T" shaped junction.
- Turn left onto Forest Road #23 and travel for 5.5 miles to the North Fork Smith Trailhead on the right.
Trail Map (Geospatial PDF ~ 1.8 mb)
- To use your mobile device's built-in GPS to track your location on the map:
- Download the geospatial PDF
- Download & install an app that reads geospatial PDFs
- Find out more about geospatial PDFs and mobile apps.