Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuge
Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuge was established in 1929 by President Herbert Hoover to protect a breeding ground for colonial nesting migratory birds during a time when market hunters, desiring feathers...[more]
16450 NW 31 Place
The Refuge is located 50 miles southwest of Gainesville, Florida, at the terminus of State Road 24. The Refuge consists 13 small, off-shore islands surrounding the community of Cedar Key. The Refuge is accessible only by boat. A lauch ramp in the town of Cedar Key provides the closest access point. A fee is charged. There are also private vendors that rent boats or offer transportations to and around the islands.
There is no office or staff for Cedar Keys Refuge, personnel from Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge, located on County Road 347, 17 miles north of Cedar Key, administer Cedar Keys refuge.
Weather InformationNational Weather Service (NOAA)