The Fiery Furnace, in beautiful Arches National Park, offers a labyrinth of narrow passageways and abrupt dead-ends among a series of sandstone fins.
Though it does not encompass a very large area, it is easy to become disoriented or lost. For this reason, and to protect native plants and soils, visitors must join a guided hike, or obtain a special permit, in order to enter the Fiery Furnace.
Ranger guided hikes into the Fiery Furnace are offered daily, spring through fall. These popular three-hour hikes are moderately strenuous, requiring the use of hands and feet to scramble up and through narrow cracks and along steep ledges above drop offs.
Fiery Furnace ranger guided tours fill far in advance so early reservations are recommended. To view a video of the Fiery Furnace tour, click here
Know Before You Go:
- Reservation holders must pick up tickets at the visitor center information desk at least 1 hour prior to tour time
- Meet at the Fiery Furnace Viewpoint 15 miles past the visitor center along the main park road 10 minutes prior to tour time
- Children under 5 years of age are not allowed; children 12 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult; one adult is required for each child 5 and 6 years of age
- Visitors must be able to use hands and feet to scramble up and through narrow cracks; sturdy hiking boots or shoes are required
- Visitors must bring at least one quart (one liter) of water per person and a backpack to allow for free use of hands; no food or water is available at the Fiery Furnace Viewpoint, the meeting place for the tour
- Arches Visitor Center is located at the park entrance; hours of operation are April-October 7:30 a.m. to 6:30p.m., November-March 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., closed December 25
- Restrooms are available at the Fiery Furnace Viewpoint, but not inside the Fiery Furnace
- Food, gas, lodging and other services are not available in Arches National Park; services are available in the town of Moab, 5 miles from the park entrance
- Reservations are accepted for tours during the main season (generally mid-March through late October). The park may offer tours outside of the reservation period on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets for these tours are sold in-person at the Visitor Center front desk only. Reservations are not accepted for these tours. Click here (http://www.nps.gov/arch/planyourvisit/programs.htm) for more information.
Arches National Park, P.O. Box 907
Moab UT 84532
Phone Number:Information: (435)719-2100