Situated along Kentucky's Highland Rim, Pikes Ridge Campground is surrounded by forested tracks, rolling meadows and the pristine banks of Green River Lake.
Click here for the Green River Lake Virtual Tour.
Pikes Ridge Campground is a shoreline campground, offering 60 campsites, 20 of which have water and electric hookups. Several waterfront campsites are available, providing convenient lake access. A playground, hiking trail and swimming beach offer additional recreation opportunities within the campground. A boat ramp, courtesy dock, several docks to tie up boats, a fishing pier, parking area, and showerhouse are also all located within the campground.
A $5.00 visitor/day-use fee per car per day will be collected for visitors of campers that are not staying the night.
1. Camping is permitted at designated camping areas with not more than six (6) people or the members of one family unit at any one site. A family unit is considered to be parent(s) and unmarried children living in the same household. All vehicles must be registered at the tollhouse. Vehicles and personal property are to be placed only on the site(s) rented by you, not on adjoining sites. All vehicles/boat trailers must be within the limits of your campsite or in a designated parking area.
2. Campers must register at the campground entrance station as soon as possible after arrival. To prevent overloading electrical circuits, only one (1) camper unit may be plugged into the campsite electric pedestal. Unoccupied or unrented campsites may not be utilized for electric service.
3. Campers will display the user permit on the site identification post and return it to the tollhouse when departing. Checkout time is 4:30 p.m. on the day the permit expires.
4. All visitors will check in at the tollhouse and will be charged a visitor’s fee. Visitors must leave by 9:30 p.m. No more than six (6) visitors per campsite at one time are permitted.
5. Gear, equipment, trash, and debris shall be completely removed from the area upon departure.
6. Quiet hours are 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. The operation or use of any noise-producing devices that unreasonably annoy others at any time is prohibited. The use of properly muffled generators is permitted between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Individuals who are boisterous, rowdy, disorderly, or otherwise disturb the peace at any time may be requested to leave the campground and forfeit all camping fees paid.
7. Vehicles/boat trailers must be parked within the limits of the campsite (within defined border or on gravel driveway) or in a designated parking area.
8. Fires may be built only in fireplaces or grills. A responsible person must attend to all fires. Hang lanterns on metal holders provided at campsites. No burning of treated lumber or wood containing metal is allowed.
9. Any loaded projectile fire device, ammunition, and explosives of any kind are prohibited in the area except when in the possession of a Government employee or law enforcement officer on official duty. The possession or use of fireworks is prohibited.
10. Pets shall be kept on a leash not over 6 feet long or under physical control at all times. Pets shall not be left unattended. Pet owners are expected to clean up and properly dispose of their pet’s waste.
11. The destruction, injury, defacement, removal, or alternation of Government property, vegetation, rocks, or minerals is prohibited.
12. Motor driven vehicles, including mopeds, must conform to state licensing laws and their use will be confined to developed roadways by a licensed operator (16 years or older). Constant circling or “joy riding” is not permitted. The speed limit in the campground is 15 M.P.H. and all directional arrows must be observed. Motorized or battery-operated toys are not allowed on roadways or sidewalks.
13. The use of golf carts is permitted only by campers who have signed the Green River Lake Golf Cart Use policy.
14. No bicycles, skateboards, mopeds, or similar equipment are allowed on the sidewalks or steps around showerhouse facilities or other walkways. No bicycles, skateboards, or other similar equipment may be operated after dark.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION
Green River Lake area encompasses a total of some 32,000 acres in the central portion of Kentucky, creating countless recreational activities for visitors on water and on land.
The Corps of Engineers Visitor Center and the Historical Civil War Atkinson-Griffin Log Cabin are located about 24 miles from Pikes Ridge, near the Green River Lake Dam.
Several historical attractions and National Parks are located within an hour of Green River Lake, including the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln and Mammoth Cave National Park.
With 8,000 surface acres of water, the lake is an ideal place for boating. With ten boat ramps located around the shoreline, guests have plenty of room for fishing, jet skiing, wake boarding and more. Three full-service marinas are also located around the lake.
Fishing is a popular activity at Green River Lake. Walleye, crappie, white bass, channel catfish, muskie and bluegill are all found in abundance.
Hunters enjoy the surrounding land, with various habitats supporting deer, turkey, rabbit, quail, squirrel, dove and waterfowl.
There are also miles of trails that wind around the lake and along the shore, affording some of the most scenic views in the region.
Customers who change their dates outside the original reservation date (i.e, different week or month) will incur a $10 change fee. No-Shows are charged a $20.00 fee plus the first nights use fee.
544 Lake Rd Campbellsville KY 42718-9393
4725 Pikes Ridge Rd Columbia KY 42728
For campground inquiries, please call: 270-465-6488
From Campbellsville, KY, take Highway 70 east for 4 miles. Turn right on Highway 76 and continue for 4.8 miles, then turn right again onto Pikes Ridge Road. Follow the directional signs to the campground.