Pinecrest Group Campground
Big Cypress National Preserve
Pinecrest Campground offers four group campsites that provide a nice, quiet and relaxing atmosphere. This is a wonderful location for a group to start their south Florida adventure.
This campground is for primitive group use camping only. Picnic tables and fire rings are available at each site. There are no covered picnic areas, toilets, hookups, or water. Minimal shade is provided by surrounding trees.
Need to Know
- There are no facilities at this campground and the nearest service station is 15 miles
- Food should be stored in a manner as to not attract wildlife
- Wildlife in the area includes but is not limited to: coyotes, bob cats, alligators, snakes, and panthers
- Cell phone coverage is minimal
- During the summer months there is a higher nuisance of biting insects
- Don't Move Firewood: Help protect our forests! Prevent the spread of tree-killing pests by obtaining firewood at or near your destination and burning it on-site. Moving firewood is illegal in some states. Visit dontmovefirewood.org to learn more.
Situated alongside Loop Road the campground is located in a clearing and surrounded by pine and oak trees.
Located on historic Loop Road this campground is close to the Miccosukee Cultural Center, Oasis Visitor Center, and Shark Valley.
Pinecrest offers access to recreational activities such as paddling, hiking, birding, fishing, and hunting with proper licensure.
52105 Tamiami Trail East Ochopee FL 34141
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Naples: Follow US HWY 41 east to Loop Road. Take Loop Road south until you see sign for campground. From Miami: Follow US HWY 41 west to Loop Road; take Loop Road south until you see signs for campground.