Hall of The White Giant Tour
Carlsbad Caverns National Park Tours
- Very Strenuous: If you dont mind getting dirty, belly-crawling, squeezing through tight passageways, and climbing slippery vertical rock, this adventure is for you! You will sweat, you will wonder if you can climb that rope and when its over, you will want to come back for more! Cave passages will require special attention to group communication and safety. This trip is not recommended for anyone afraid of tight spaces, heights or darkness. Ladder climbing, slippery surfaces and free climbing are all part of this trip. This is our most challenging and strenuous cave trip.
- Hiking boots or hiking shoes with good aggressive tread are required. No sandals, flip flops, tennis shoes, or similar footwear. You will not be allowed to participate in the tour if you are not wearing proper footwear—no exceptions.
- Backpacks, fanny packs, bags, and similar items are not permitted in the cave. Helmets, headlamp, knee-pads and gloves will be provided.
- Note that caving is inherently risky and cave rescues are difficult, dangerous and take hours to accomplish.
Select a date to see a list of times
Need to Know
- I have read and agree with the arrival time requirements for guided tours. Reserved tickets must be picked up no later than 30 minutes prior to the posted tour starting time. No refunds for late arrivals.
- Hiking boots or hiking shoes with good aggressive tread are required. Hiking boots with ankle support are recommended. No sandals, flip flops, tennis shoes, or similar. You will not be allowed to participate in the tour if you are not wearing proper footwear—no exceptions.
- Visitor Center Hours—Winter hours are from the day after Labor Day through the Friday before Memorial Day weekend, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Summers hours are from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Participants are required to have a general entrance and a tour ticket.
- Long sleeves or a light jacket recommended.
- Children under twelve years of age are not allowed.
- Prices for Inter-agency Senior and Access pass holders are for those pass holders only. All others must purchase a separate full priced tour ticket.
- Only very small fanny packs or very small camera bags are permitted on the tour.
- Accessibility—There is no handicap accessibility on this tour.
- Amenities—Restrooms are located in the visitor center and in the cavern Underground Lunchroom. There are no restroom opportunities during the tour. There is a restaurant in the visitor center as well as limited food available in the cavern Underground Lunchroom. Bookstore and gift shop are located in the visitor center. Kennel Services are available.