Left Hand Tunnel Tour
Carlsbad Caverns National Park Tours
- Moderately Difficult: Experience the cave the way early explores did--by the light of a flame. The dirt trail winds over uneven surfaces with some steep, slippery slopes careful footing is required to navigate. The orange-glow of the light adds mystery to the captivating stories told by the ranger. Lantern is provided. Not recommended for anyone who has difficulty seeing in dim-lit conditions.
- Sturdy closed-toed shoes with tread, hiking boots, or hiking shoes required. You will not be allowed to participate in the tour if you are not wearing proper footwear—no exceptions.
- Backpacks, fanny packs, bags, and similar items are not permitted in the cave.
Select a date to see a list of times
Need to Know
- I have read and agree with the arrival time requirements for guided tours.
- Reserved tickets must be picked up no later than 30 minutes prior to the posted tour starting time. No refunds for late arrivals.
- Hiking boots or hiking shoes with good aggressive tread are required. Hiking boots with ankle support are recommended. Boots with zippers will not be permitted on the tour. No sandals, flip flops, tennis shoes, or similar. You will not be allowed to participate in the tour if you are not wearing proper footwear—no exceptions.
- Visitor Center Hours—Winter hours are from the day after Labor Day through the Friday before Memorial Day weekend, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Summers hours are from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Participants are required to have a general entrance and a tour ticket.
- Long sleeves or a light jacket recommended.
- Children under six years of age are not allowed.
- Prices for Inter-agency Senior and Access pass holders are for those pass holders only. All others must purchase a separate full priced tour ticket.
- Only very small fanny packs or very small camera bags are permitted on the tour.
- Accessibility: There is no handicap accessibility on this tour.
- Amenities: Restrooms are located in the visitor center and in the cavern Underground Lunchroom. There are no restroom opportunities during the tour. There is a restaurant in the visitor center as well as limited food available in the cavern Underground Lunchroom. Bookstore and gift shop are located in the visitor center. Kennel Services are available.