Sumac Creek Shooting Range Pass
Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest
- The Sumac Creek Shooting Range is a U.S. Forest Service managed shooting range on the Conasauga Ranger District of the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. This range is a small recreational shooting range, primarily built for sighting in firearms and limited recreational shooting.
- The Sumac Creek Shooting Range consists of a gravel entrance road, gravel parking lot, vault toilets, information kiosks, picnic tables, and a pavillion covering numerous shooting benches. There are four seperate target stations (10 yards, 25 yards, 50 yards, and 100 yards). Netting is provided at each of these designated distances to hang paper targets. Paper targets are the only authorized targets allowed at this range.
- 1-Day Scan and Pay Actvity Pass ($5 per shooter): Before leaving cell phone service, download the Recreation.gov app on your mobile device and create an account using a valid email address. Once you are at the Sumac Creek Shooting Range you will need to open the Recreation.gov app and follow the extremely easy instructions found on the information kiosk. You will need to repeat this process for each shooter, or each shooter can do it on their own device. This method does not require cell phone service if you already have the Recreation.gov app downloaded on your mobile device. Passess will show "Pending" until service is reached.
- 1-Day Activity Pass ($5 per shooter): Shooters have the option of purchasing a daily pass prior to getting to the shooting range if they choose. You can purchase this pass here on Recreation.gov. Be aware that purchasing your pass ahead of time does not guarantee an immediate spot behind a shooting bench and you may have to wait if the range is particularly busy. This option and the Annual Pass option are best for shooters who do not have a mobile device with the cababilities of using apps. This method requires cell or internet service.
- Annual Range Pass ($25 per shooter): The Conasauga Ranger District Annual Range Pass can be purchased here at Recreation.gov or at any Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest office. This pass allows for the purchaser to shoot for a year from the date of purchase with one payment of $25. This method requires internet service or an office visit.
Sumac Creek Shooting Range Hours:
- Open Daily: Sunrise-Sunset, except Tuesday
- Tuesday: CLOSED Sunrise-NOON
Paper targets are the only authorized targets permitted at this shooting range. Other objects can cause costly damage to lawn mowing equipment if left on range.
All targets must be removed from the range after use. Even if it requires calling the range "cold" to go downrange and get targets. Targets left at the facility is considered litter and will be enforced as such. Bring it in, Bring it out.
Tracer rounds, incendiary rounds, exploding targets (i.e. tannerite), and other pyrotechnics are prohibited on all Federal lands, including this U.S. Forest Service shooting range.
A full list of target shooting rules and regulations are posted at the shooting range.
For all Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest Rules, Regulations, and Forest Supervisor's Orders please visit: Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest Rules, Regulations, and Forest Supervisor's Orders
Passes are non-transferable between shooters, non-refundable, not replaceable if lost or stolen, and are void if altered or reproduced.
Proof of payment and state issued ID must be available to show during a law enforcement compliance check.
Cell phone connectivity on the forest may be limited, plan ahead.