List your facility on Recreation.gov
Recreation.gov makes it simple and secure for Federal Public Land and Water Managers to manage all of their inventory needs from camping reservations, to site-specific digital passes, permits, tickets, lotteries, yurts, cabins, and more.
Over 4 million transactions processed annually
Recreation.gov empowers Facility Managers and field staff to:
- Connect 24/7 with customers interested in visiting our Nation’s treasured public lands, waterways, and monuments.
- Responsibly steward the high-demand recreation resources while simultaneously engendering trust and ease-of-mind with the public through a world-class digital experience.
- Manage daily operations with ease through one centralized and secure location.
- Manage access to high-demand resources through lotteries and permits as well as digital pass sales.
Field Personnel Have the Controls
"The Hub," our easy-to-use, one-stop administration tool, puts Facility Managers in control. Developed in conjunction with subject matter experts from each participating agency, The Hub simplifies daily operations for field personnel by:
- Streamlining content, reservations, inventory management, and business rules management.
- Providing communication tools including banners and emails, so staff can notify visitors and other staff in real time about important updates.
- Offering online and contact center support for field staff and visitors.
- Reducing cash handling with secure centralized financial collection, distribution, reporting and automated refund processing.
- Providing access to a variety of reports that help managers track visitation and identify trends.
- Ensuring your system is secure, compliant and authorized to operate under FISMA standards
Recreation.gov supports multiple types of recreational experiences
- Camping and Day Use Facilities. From campgrounds to yurts, cabins, picnic areas, and more, get your location on the map with Recreation.gov. With advanced reservations, customers have the peace of mind knowing they have a site ready and waiting for them. Use Recreation.gov to manage your facility’s reservations, reduce cash handling, and communicate essential facility details and nearby attractions.
- Tours and Tickets, and Timed Entry. Much like purchasing a ticket to the movies Recreation.gov ticketing services offer time-specific admission to activities such as special events, guided, or self-guided tours. Visitors can reserve tickets or times in advance to any special events or experiences you have to offer!
- Site Specific Digital Passes. Whether your guests visit once or multiple times throughout the year, Site-Specific Digital Passes (SSDP) provide you and your guests with a digital platform to streamline the online reservation and mobile validation processes. Each SSDP covers the entrance or standard amenity fees for a single federal recreation location.
- Permits. Permits provide access to a variety of adventures such as mountaineering, hiking, backcountry camping, rafting, hunting, fishing, climbing, off highway vehicles, and more! From straightforward to complex business rules and quotas, online permits improve efficiencies and management for limited entry, vehicles, parking, watercraft, stock, and other business requirements at your location.
Add Your Facility to Recreation.gov
Federal Public Land and Water Managers
Tell us about your federal facility and how we can contact you about adding your location to Recreation.gov.
Please note that information submitted through this form is directed to our New Inventory Team for new location onboarding. For Recreation.gov users looking for information about accounts, reservations, or refunds, please check our Help Center or Contact Us page for support with your request.
Any fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required to submit your feedback. Please make sure you complete these required fields.