Earl Cook Recreation Area offers a wide variety of recreational activities. Boat launching facilities are available all year. Seasonally, the swim beach, two picnic pavilions, ball fields, and a playground are open to the public. With a wide variety of activities and easy access from Interstate 85, Earl Cook is becoming a very popular day-use destination.
Shelter rentals that are for activities such as weddings, fishing tournaments, races or anticipate a large number of people in attendance, might require a Special Event Permit. Please contact the West Point Project Management office at 706.645.2937 to inquire if a special permit will be required in addition to the shelter reservation.
It is the responsibility of the party host to communicate with their party members to purchase individual day-use fee passes for their vehicles at the self-service fee station located near the gatehouse. These passes are $5 per vehicle and $20 per bus or commercial vehicle; please bring a credit or debit card. The reservation fees do not exempt vehicles/groups from paying these vehicle fees; vehicle fees cannot be combined into the total reservation cost.
Please assist us in making your visit safe and enjoyable. The following guidelines are intended to ensure orderly park operation, visitor safety and protection of public property:
• Vehicles should only be parked in designated parking spaces.
• Golf carts and off-road vehicles including UTV, ATV and dirt bikes are prohibited.
• Alcohol is prohibited in this park.
• Please keep the area clean. Trash cans are conveniently located around the shelter.
• Commercial activities are prohibited. Fees may not be collected.
• Roadways shall be kept clear and the normal flow of traffic should not be impeded. Objects such as grills, trailers, inflatable toys and other recreation items will not be placed in the roadways.
• Pets should be kept on a leash under six feet in length. Pets are not allowed on the beach.
• Excessive noise that unreasonably disturbs others is prohibited.
• Please wear your life jacket when engaging in water related activities.
• Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues.
Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to the reservation date in order to receive a refund. No refunds will be issued after the date of the reservation. Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues.
500 RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DRIVE WEST POINT GA 31833
For campground inquiries, please call: 706-645-2937
From West Point take Highway 29 north approximately six miles to the sign on the left for Earl Cook Park. Turn left on Lower Glass Bridge Road which dead ends at Earl Cook Park. Take the first left, then the first right to the shelter.