Horace King Park, conveniently located along the Chattahoochee River, offers great access to the reservoir or to the upper rivers and creeks. Horace King offers a boat launch, picnic sites, and a reservable shelter area for groups.
Shelter rentals that are for activities such as weddings, fishing tournaments, races or anticipate a large number of people in attendance, might require a Special Event Permit. Please contact the West Point Project Management office at 706.645.2937 to inquire if a special permit will be required in addition to the shelter reservation.
Note: This shelter is located on the right side of the park. Paying the reservation fee for this shelter does not exempt party members from paying other day-use fees in the area. If you are launching a vessel and using the boat ramp, a $5 day-use fee is to be paid at the self-service fee station at the ramp. Boat trailers must remain parked in the boat ramping parking lot.
Please assist us in making your visit safe and enjoyable. The following guidelines are intended to ensure orderly park operation, visitor safety and protection of public property:
• Vehicles should only be parked in designated parking spaces.
• Golf carts and off-road vehicles including UTV, ATV and dirt bikes are prohibited.
• Alcohol is permitted in this park.
• Please keep the area clean. Trash cans are conveniently located around the shelter.
• Commercial activities are prohibited. Fees may not be collected.
• Roadways shall be kept clear and the normal flow of traffic should not be impeded. Objects such as grills, trailers, inflatable toys and other recreation items will not be placed in the roadways.
• Pets should be kept on a leash under six feet in length.
• Excessive noise that unreasonably disturbs others is prohibited.
• Please wear your life jacket when engaging in water related activities.
• Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues
Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to the reservation date in order to receive a refund. No refunds will be issued after the date of the reservation. Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues.
500 RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DRIVE WEST POINT GA 31833
500 Resource Management Drive West Point GA 31833
For campground inquiries, please call: 706-645-2937
Take Georgia Highway 109 approximately seven miles west of LaGrange. After crossing Wade Milam Bridge over West Point Lake, watch for the signs to enter the park on the left. After turning off 109, bear right and follow the road to the shelter.