McGee Bridge Park, located near LaGrange, GA, is one of only three parks on West Point Lake offering a fishing pier. Along with the fishing pier, picnic sites and a boat launch facility are available.
Shelter rentals that are for activities such as weddings, fishing tournaments, races or anticipate a large number of people in attendance, might require a Special Event Permit. Please contact the West Point Project Management office at 706.645.2937 to inquire if a special permit will be required in addition to the shelter reservation.
Please assist us in making your visit safe and enjoyable. The following guidelines are intended to ensure orderly park operation, visitor safety and protection of public property:
• Vehicles should only be parked in designated parking spaces.
• Golf carts and off-road vehicles including UTV, ATV and dirt bikes are prohibited.
• Please keep the area clean. Trash cans are conveniently located around the shelter.
• Commercial activities are prohibited. Fees may not be collected.
• Roadways shall be kept clear and the normal flow of traffic should not be impeded. Objects such as grills, trailers, inflatable toys and other recreation items will not be placed in the roadways.
• Pets should be kept on a leash under six feet in length. Pets are not allowed on the beaches.
• Please do not feed the wildlife.
• Excessive noise that unreasonably disturbs others is prohibited.
• Please wear your life jacket when engaging in water related activities.
• Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues.
Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to the reservation date in order to receive a refund. No refunds will be issued after the date of the reservation. Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues.
500 RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DRIVE WEST POINT GA 31833
500 Resource Management Drive West Point GA 31833
For campground inquiries, please call: 706-645-2937
Take Route 109 approximately 1.5 miles west of West Point Road. Turn right onto Vernon Ferry Road and bear right onto Old Roanoke Road in ½ mile. In one mile, turn right into the park the shelter is on the right near the fishing pier.