Rocky Point Recreational Area includes one of three designated swim areas on West Point Lake, operated from May through Labor Day each year. Picnic sites, boat launch facilities, and a fishing pier are open year-round.
It is the responsibility of the party host to communicate with their party members to purchase individual day-use fee passes for their vehicles at the self-service fee station located near the gatehouse. These passes are $5 per vehicle and $20 per bus or commercial vehicle; please bring exact change cash or check. The reservation fees do not exempt vehicles/groups from paying these vehicle fees; vehicle fees cannot be combined into the total reservation cost.
Please assist us in making your visit safe and enjoyable. The following guidelines are intended to ensure orderly park operation, visitor safety and protection of public property:
• Vehicles should only be parked in designated parking spaces.
• Golf carts and off-road vehicles including UTV, ATV and dirt bikes are prohibited.
• Alcohol is prohibited in this park.
• Please keep the area clean. Trash cans are conveniently located around the shelter.
• Commercial activities are prohibited. Fees may not be collected.
• Roadways shall be kept clear and the normal flow of traffic should not be impeded. Objects such as grills, trailers, inflatable toys and other recreation items will not be placed in the roadways.
• Pets should be kept on a leash under six feet in length. Pets are not allowed on the beach.
• Excessive noise that unreasonably disturbs others is prohibited.
• Please wear your life jacket when engaging in water related activities.
• Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues.
Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to the reservation date in order to receive a refund. No refunds will be issued after the date of the reservation. Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues.
500 RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DRIVE WEST POINT GA 31833
500 Resource Management Drive West Point GA 31833
For campground inquiries, please call: 706-645-2937
Take Alabama County Road 266 approximately six miles north of West Point to the T-intersection. Turn right and follow the road to the entrance of the park. The shelter is near the beach.