Boulder Beach Group Campground is located just minutes from Las Vegas along the Boulder Basin of Lake Mead. It’s open year-round and features large paved sites that can accommodate tents or large RVs, along with tables, fire pits and/or grills. Restrooms and water spigots are located throughout the campsite. Temperatures usually surpass 100F (37C) degrees June-August. In May and September, daytime highs are around 90F (32C). October-April, temperatures are much cooler. Lows can dip to freezing temps December-February. The area averages 4 inches of rain each year. There is lush vegetation to provide shade, and many sites have pristine views of the lake. Boulder Beach is about a 15-minute walk from the campground.
The group campground has a 12-person minimum/30-person maximum per site. Reservations are required. The group campground is for tent camping only with limited vehicle parking. RV sites are located nearby. Group campground accommodations include a common area restroom, picnic tables, fire pit, water spigots and limited shaded areas. The restrooms have sinks and toilets. There are no showers.
• The group campground has a 12-person minimum/30-person maximum per site.
• Reservations are required through this reservation system.
• The group campground is for tent camping only with limited vehicle parking. RV sites are located nearby.
• Motor vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas only and may not be driven onto the dirt or across irrigation ditches.
• Camping in the park is limited to a total of 90 days within any consecutive 12-month period.
• Camping is limited to 30 days in any developed campground.
• Quiet hours are 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Please do not create or sustain unreasonable noise, including generators, during those hours.
• All trash must be disposed of in appropriate trash or recycling receptacles.
• Pets must be kept on a leash not to exceed 6-feet in length and should not be left unattended. Never leave your pet in a closed vehicle. Pet excrement must be disposed of in trash containers.
• Please do not feed wildlife. Wild animals can become dependent on handouts of food and lose their fear of humans. This is dangerous for the wildlife and you.
• Trees can provide refreshing shade and a windbreak for campers. It is illegal to cut or damage any tree in a national park. Please do not hang items from the trees.
• Fires are permitted in grills, fire rings, portable stoves, portable barbecues and portable fireplaces in all campgrounds.
• Fires should not be left unattended and must be completely extinguished with water, doused and stirred.
• A campground host is available onsite to offer assistance.
There is a mix of palm trees, oleanders, mature cottonwood trees and native vegetation. The group campground offers views of Lake Mead, Fortification Hill and the River Mountains. Wildlife in the area includes many species of birds and lizards along with antelope squirrels and the occasional coyote.
The Hoover Dam is just minutes to the south along U.S. Highway 93. Nearby Boulder City has multiple dining, shopping and adventure options.
When you stay at the Boulder Beach Group Campground, you’ll have access to many recreation opportunities. Boulder Beach, Special Events Beach, Canoe/Kayak Beach and PWC Beach are 1-2 miles away. At these locations you can swim, kayak and jetski. If you prefer to explore the park on land, the River Mountains Loop Trail passes right by the campground. This paved trail is more than 30 miles long and leads to the Historic Railroad Trail. Other nearby amenities include the Hemenway Harbor Fishing Pier and boat launch ramp. At the Las Vegas Boat Harbor or Lake Mead Marina you can rent a boat for a few hours or dine at the docks. Lake Mead Cruises is also nearby and offers cruises on the lake to the Hoover Dam and back.
Changes and cancellations must be made three days in advance of first date of stay, and must be changed in the recreation.gov system.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area Headquarters Office 601 Nevada Way Boulder City NV 89005
For campground inquiries, please call: 702-293-8906
Located just minutes from Las Vegas along Lakeshore Road within the park between the cities of Henderson and Boulder City, Nevada. Take U.S. Highway 93 into the Boulder Entrance of the park. Follow Lakeshore Road 2 miles and take your second right. The group campground is on the left.