Las Vegas Bay Campground is located just minutes from Las Vegas on the western edge of the park. It’s open year-round and features paved sites that can accommodate tents or RVs, along with tables, fire pits and/or grills. Restrooms and water spigots are located throughout the campsite. Temperatures usually surpass 100F (37C) degrees June-August. In May and September, daytime highs are around 90F (32C). October-April, temperatures are much cooler. Lows can dip to freezing temps December-February. The area averages 4 inches of rain each year. There is lush vegetation that provides shade.
Each campsite provides space for up to eight people with one camping unit, i.e., motor home or camp trailer. A maximum of two motorized vehicles, four motorcycles or combination thereof if towed or carried on or by a camper may occupy a site. Paved roads lead to each site, and the sites are asphalt. There are multiple water spigots and restrooms spread out throughout the campground. The restrooms have sinks and toilets. There are no showers. Accessible sites are available. An RV dump station and water refill station are located near the entrance of the campground.
• Site capacity maximum is eight persons and four tents or one camping unit (motorhome/camp trailer).
• Each site can have a maximum of two motorized vehicles, four motorcycles or a combination thereof if towed or carried on or by a camper.
• Motor vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas only and may not be driven onto the dirt or across irrigation ditches.
• The campground can accommodate RVs, but there are no hookups.
• Camping in the park is limited to a total of 90 days within any consecutive 12-month period.
• Camping is limited to 30 days in any developed campground.
• Quiet hours are 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Please do not create or sustain unreasonable noise, including generators, during those hours.
• All trash must be disposed of in appropriate trash or recycling receptacles.
• Pets must be kept on a leash not to exceed 6-feet in length and should not be left unattended. Never leave your pet in a closed vehicle. Pet excrement must be disposed of in trash containers.
• Please do not feed wildlife. Wild animals can become dependent on handouts of food and lose their fear of humans. This is dangerous for the wildlife and you.
• Trees can provide refreshing shade and a windbreak for campers. It is illegal to cut or damage any tree in a national park. Please do not hang hammocks or other items from vegitation.
• Fires are permitted in grills, fire rings, portable stoves, portable barbecues and portable fireplaces in all campgrounds.
• Fires should not be left unattended and must be completely extinguished with water, doused and stirred.
• Some first-come, first-served sites are available. Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a site.
• A campground host is available onsite to offer assistance.
Las Vegas Bay Campground has lush vegetation that shades nearly every campsite. There is a mix of palm trees, oleanders, mature cottonwood trees and native vegetation that also helps provide privacy between sites. Wildlife in the area includes many species of birds and lizards along with antelope squirrels and the occasional coyote.
Located just minutes from Henderson, North Las Vegas, and Las Vegas, Nevada, where the attractions range from museums to mega resorts and casinos with headliner acts and an array of dining options.
Las Vegas Bay is a location where you can quickly get away from the hustle and bustle of the city to just relax and enjoy the outdoors. Bluffs Trail is a well-defined trail leads along the bluffs with grand views overlooking Las Vegas Wash. The trailhead starts next to site #72 in the campground. This area is ideal to bird watch, so be sure to bring your binoculars and camera. There are no services within walking distance and no access to the lake. However, trails, launch ramps, fishing piers, marinas and restaurants can be reached by car in about 20 minutes.
Please have cancellations processed in the system three days in advance of your visit.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area Park Headquarters 601 Nevada Way Boulder City NV 89005
For campground inquiries, please call: 702-293-8906
Located just minutes from Las Vegas off Lakeshore Road within the park between near the city of Henderson, Nevada. Take Lake Mead Parkway east to the park entrance. Follow the road about 2.5 miles. Turn left onto Lakeshore Drive and take your first left onto Las Vegas Campground Road. You’ll arrive at the campground in about 1 mile.