Bee Run Campground is a small, but beautiful little campground located in central WV. The campground is three miles off Interstate 79 (Flatwoods exit). The campground features twelve primitive campsites suitable for RV's, Travel Trailer's and tents. The campground is surrounded by the Elk River Wildlife Management that has several hiking, biking trails to explorer. Also, the Sutton Lake Marina and Ship Store is located nearby, along with a picnic area, swimming beach and boat launch ramp.
Each campsite has a fire ring, lantern post and picnic table. The campground has a volunteer host, vault toilets and security lighting
Bee Run Campground is small, and has few amenities within the campground, the campground is adjacent to the Bee Run Day Use Area, where, visitors will find a swimming beach, boat ramp, Sutton Lake Marina and Ship Store, a playground and picnic area. Numerous trails and small ponds on the Elk River Wildlife Management Area. Bee Run Campground offers many opportunities for a quiet afternoon.
• No person(s) may camp at one or more campsites for more than 14 days in a 30 day consecutive period at “Sutton Lake”. This includes the reservation holder (primary occupant) and all other overnight occupants.
• Any person utilizing a Federal Pass for a discount on camping fees must present the discount pass upon request, be registered on the campsite, and occupy the site overnight for the entire duration of the reservation to receive the full discount.
• You may only be registered as the primary occupant at one campsite upon check-in.
• All trash and debris must be completely removed from the campsite upon departure.
• All motorized recreational vehicles, including motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATV), utility terrain vehicles (UTV), mopeds, scooters, golf carts, hoverboards, etc., that are not licensed for use on all roadways are prohibited in the campgrounds.
• Please contact the campground or lake office for questions on power driven mobility aids.
• The primary occupant is responsible for the adherence to camping rules and regulations by all other occupants, guests, and visitors on the campsite.
The campsites are located at the top of the hill and does not offer a lake view, but each campsite has a wonderful view of the WV hills and wildlife. The lake is in hiking distance for the avid hiker, but there is also plenty of parking for those who want to drive in at the day use area swimming beach and marina.
Bee Run Campground is located in central WV and is surrounded by breath taking secenic views and full of history. The historical town of Sutton, WV has cobble-stone streets and local shops to explorer. The Bulltown Historic Area and the Flatwoods Outlet Mall are nearby.
Sutton Lake offers opportunnities for motorized boating, and water sking. Fishing is available on lake, most anglers fish for large-mouth and small-mouth bass, and crappie. Guest can swim at the swimming beach located inside the day use area. Vistors can hike the Jeremiah Carpenter trail that leads them to the Sutton Dam North Abutment with wonder views of the dam.
Bee Run Campground Po Box 426 Sutton WV 26601
Bee Run Campground 1734 Bee Run Road Sutton WV 26601
For campground inquiries, please call: 304-765-2816