Anderson Park, managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, is located northwest of the West Point Dam and Powerhouse. The park offers year-round boat launching facilities, numerous picnic sites and good access for bank fishing.
Anderson Group Shelter offers two tables, grill and restrooms.
Please assist us in making your visit safe and enjoyable. The following guidelines are intended to ensure orderly park operation, visitor safety and protection of public property:
• Vehicles should only be parked in designated parking spaces.
• Golf carts and off-road vehicles including UTV, ATV and dirt bikes are prohibited.
• Please keep the area clean. Trash cans are conveniently located around the shelter.
• Commercial activities are prohibited. Fees may not be collected.
• Roadways shall be kept clear and the normal flow of traffic should not be impeded. Objects such as grills, trailers, inflatable toys and other recreation items will not be placed in the roadways.
• Pets should be kept on a leash under six feet in length. Pets are not allowed on the beaches.
• Please do not feed the wildlife.
• Excessive noise that unreasonably disturbs others is prohibited.
• Please wear your life jacket when engaging in water related activities.
• Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues.
Anderson Group Shelter is located on the shoreline of West Point Lake which extends 35 miles along the Chattahoochee River on the Alabama-Georgia state line and has 525 miles of shoreline.
Anderson Group Shelter is located near the shoreline of West Point Lake with easy access for bank fishing and a boat ramp for access to the lake.
Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to the reservation date in order to receive a refund. No refunds will be issued after the date of the reservation. Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues.
500 Resource Management Drive West Point GA 31833
For campground inquiries, please call: 706-645-2937
From West Point, turn on to 3rd Ave heading towards Alabama, continue for approximately 3.5 miles, watch for the park sign, and turn right into the park.