Handsome Lake Boat Access Campground
Allegheny National Forest
Handsome Lake is a first-come, first-served campground only. Visitors are required to physically arrive at the campground to purchase and claim a site. Once on-site, you use a fee envelope and pay tube or you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code using the Recreation.gov mobile app, and the Scan and Pay feature.
If this option is available, you will need to first download the free Recreation.gov mobile app https://www.recreation.gov/mobile-app prior to your arrival as some remote areas have limited or no cellular service.
- Vault toilets are available
- There is no potable water **Campers need to bring thier own water.
- It is recommended that campers pack in thier own water.
- There are no boat docks at this campground.
Need to Know
- Handsome Lake has 20 campsites.
- There is a 5.2 mile hike in utilizing the Tracy Ridge Trail system. Take Johnnycake section, then south on North Country Trail.
- There is no potable water **Campers will need to bring thier own water.
- Closest boat launch is Roper Hollow
PO Box 2395 Bradford PA 16701
For campground inquiries, please call: N/A
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip