Civilian Conservation Corps Campground offers spread out camp sites with large sycamore trees providing shade. Picnic tables and firepits with cooking grates are available for families to enjoy while passing the time away together. Cave Creek Trailhead is nearby where you can follow along the Cave Creek Riparian Ecosystem. This spot is popular for bird watching! Review-At-A-Glance below for more details about this site.
This location is available on a first-come, first-served basis only. Visitors are required to physically arrive at the campground to purchase and claim a site. Once on-site, you may be able to pay for your campsite(s) by scanning a QR code using the Recreation.gov mobile app, and the Scan and Pay feature.
f this option is available, you will need to first download the free Recreation.gov mobile app https://www.recreation.gov/mobile-app prior to your arrival as some remote areas have limited or no cellular service.
- Maximum occupancy per individual camp unit is 10
- Maximum number of vehicles per individual camp unit is three. All vehicles must completely fit within the designated parking area.
- Check-in time is 12:00 pm, and check-out time is 10:00 am
- 10 camp units available
- Vault Toilets
- Grills and picnic tables
- Not recommended for trailers over 16ft.
- Hikers and equestrians should park at the CCC trailhead to the north.
- No livestock allowed
For campground inquiries, please call: N/A
This site is 20 miles north of Carefree. From Carefree, take Cave Creek Road/Forest Road (FR) 24. The last 9 miles of FR 24 is an all weather gravel road. The gravel portion of the road is narrow with blind curves.