Located about 10 miles from the town of Woodland Park, Colorado, Meadow Ridge Campground is pleasantly situated on a ridge above the Rampart Reservoir. Here, campers have access to prime fishing and mountain biking and hiking trails. The campground is in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, due north of the popular Pikes Peak. The peak has an altitude of 14,110 feet and was first climbed in 1820. Its claim to fame is that it is America's easternmost peak over 14,000 feet.
Most campsites are nicely shaded with a grassy understory, and have limited privacy from other sites. Drinking water, picnic tables, campfire rings and two accessible vault toilets are provided for campers. At sites 6,7,10,14,16 and 18, the picnic table and campfire ring are below the road, and steps must be used to reach them. Firewood can be purchased onsite.
• Check-In time is 2 p.m. and check-out time is 12 p.m.
• SPECIAL NOTE: Colorado State regulations prohibit attaching hoses to hydrants to fill RV’s. Please come prepared.
• For cancellations before arrival, call reservations at 877-444-6777 (Toll-Free), 606-515-6777 (International), or 877-833-6777 (TDD) from 10 a.m. -- 12 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
• If campsite is not occupied within 24 hours of scheduled check-in time, it will be forfeited unless you contact RMRC at 719-687-7818 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. (Mountain Time). Do not call this number for cancellations or reservations.
• Please check-in with host upon arrival.
• RV or trailers over 36 feet over this size will have a very tough time making it through the campground because of tight corners and trees.
• Limit two vehicles or one RV per single site. A $6 nightly extra vehicle fee will be collected for single sites with more than 2 vehicles if they fit in the parking spur.
• All vehicles including campers must fit in parking spur (not on grass) without blocking road.
• Motorized and trailered boats may only launch on the reservoir Thursdays - Sundays from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm. All boats and trailers must be inspected for aquatic nuisance species prior to launching. Hand launched boats may launch from the boat ramp 7:00 am - 4:00 pm Sunday - Saturdays.
• Do not feed the wildlife. This includes bird feeders of any kind.
• Don’t Move Firewood: Protect your forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
• Maximum 14-day stay limit within 30-day period.
• 10 mph speed limit in all campgrounds and day use areas.
• Discharging any weapon is prohibited including paintballs, bow & arrow, BB guns, airsoft guns. Fireworks and explosives are prohibited. Target shooting is prohibited.
• Thunderstorms are common; take extra precautions for lightning.
• Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from area after eating.
• This is a high elevation facility; please use caution when traveling from lower elevations.
• A $6 nightly extra vehicle fee will be collected for single sites with more than 2 vehicles.
• This facility has first-come, first-served sites.
• No hookups available.
• No horses allowed.
• ATVs prohibited.
• Click here for more information on Pike and San Isabel National Forests.
• USE OF DRONES PROHIBITED.
Sitting in a ponderosa pine forest at 9,200 feet, the 19-site campground overlooks the Rampart Reservoir. The surrounding terrain includes a mix of grass meadows, spruce, Douglas fir and aspen.
Take the kids on a tour of the U.S. Air Force Academy or explore the quaint town of Green Mountain Falls. While there, ask the locals about the place they nicknamed Kermit the Frog Mountain.
Rainbow and mackinaw trout are plentiful in the renowned fishing reservoir and hikers enjoy the trails in the area. Rampart Reservoir Trail and Nichols Reservoir Trail are both worth exploring. Rampart Reservoir Trail extends for 14 miles and is open to mountain biking.
PIKES PEAK RANGER DISTRICT 601 S. WEBER ST. COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80903
For campground inquiries, please call: 719-636-1602 (INFORMATION ONLY, NO RESERVATONS TAKEN AT THIS NUMBER)
From Colorado Springs, drive west on Highway 24 for about 24 miles to Woodland Park. Turn right (north) on Baldwin St. (which becomes Rampart Range Road). Drive about 2 miles to Loy Creek Road, turn right, and then take another right on Forest Road 300 (Rampart Range Road). Follow signs. The entrance to Rampart Reservoir is about 4 miles further on the left.