Pike Community is a group campground located about 6 miles north of Woodland Park in central Colorado. It is a popular choice for of all ages, complete with a baseball field, playground, sand volleyball court and a horseshoe pit. Campers enjoy nearby access to hiking and biking trails.
Pike Community offers one large group site that can accommodate up to 100 people and 48 vehicles. The site is equipped with picnic and serving tables, grills and a campfire circle. Vault toilets, drinking water and trash collection are provided. A host is located across the road at South Meadows Campground.
• Check-In time is 2 p.m. and check-out time is 12 p.m.
• SPECIAL NOTE: Colorado State regulations prohibit attaching hoses to hydrants to fill RV’s. Please come prepared.
• For cancellations before arrival, call reservations at 877-444-6777 (Toll-Free), 606-515-6777 (International), or 877-833-6777 (TDD) from 10 a.m. -- 12 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
• If campsite is not occupied within 24 hours of scheduled check-in time, it will be forfeited unless you contact RMRC at 719-687-7818 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. (Mountain Time). Do not call this number for cancellations or reservations.
• Thunderstorms are common; take extra precautions for lightning.
• Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from area after eating.
• This is a high elevation facility; use caution when traveling from lower elevations.
• No hookups are available.
• Don't Move Firewood: Prevent the spread of tree-killing organisms by obtaining firewood at or near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
• Discharging any weapon is prohibited including paintballs, bow & arrow, BB guns, airsoft guns. Fireworks and target shooting and fireworks are prohibited.
• Vehicles must remain in the parking area.
• Do not feed the wildlife. This includes bird feeders of any kind.
• Maximum 14-day stay limit within 30-day period.
• 10 mph speed limit in all campgrounds and day use areas.
• No horses allowed.
• ATVs prohibited.
• Click here for more information on Pike and San Isabel National Forests.
• USE OF DRONES PROHIBITED.
The campground is nestled in a ponderosa pine forest at an elevation of 7,700 feet.
The town of Woodland Park is located approximately 6 miles south of Pike Community Group Campground, where campers can find gas, groceries, dining and shopping. Colorado Springs is about 25 miles southeast of the campground and offers many services. Garden of the Gods is a popular attraction just outside of town. This free park offers hiking trails, rock climbing routes, a visitor center and cafe. Pikes Peak lies west of Manitou Springs, which is about 20 miles from the campground. Visitors can hike, or drive to the summit of this beautiful mountain.
Plenty of on-site fun presents itself with activities like baseball, horseshoes and volleyball. Campers must bring their own sports equipment. The nearby Centennial Trail is a paved, accessible recreation trail that connects Pike Community Group Campground to Manitou Lake Picnic Area as well as Colorado and South Meadows Campgrounds. The trail is popular among hikers, roller bladers and bicyclists. Rainbow Falls OHV Trail System and North Divide OHV Trail System are recommended for off-road vehicle enthusiasts. Manitou Lake offers trout fishing and canoeing on the small, 5-acre lake.
PIKES PEAK RANGER DISTRICT 601 S. WEBER ST. COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80903
For campground inquiries, please call: 719-636-1602 (INFORMATION ONLY, NO RESERVATIONS TAKEN AT THIS PHONE NUMBER)
From the I-25 and Highway 24 intersection in Colorado Springs, Colorado, travel west on Highway 24 for about 18 miles to the junction with Highway 67 in Woodland Park. Turn right (north) on Highway 67 and drive 5.7 miles. The campground is on the right side of the road across from South Meadows Campground.