Lodgepole At Heber
Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Lodgepole Campground is located in scenic Daniels Canyon just a short drive from Heber, Utah, and Strawberry Reservoir at an elevation of 7,800 feet. Campers enjoy fishing and hiking in the canyon and day-tripping to Strawberry.
The campground offers portable toilets, as well as group picnic shelters. Loop A contains individual sites, while Loop B contains two group camping sites, one for up to 50 people, the other for up to 100 people.
Need to Know
Bring all the water you will need for your stay. There is no water available onsite. This includes water for drinking, cleaning, cooking, etc.
- There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
- If you booked this site at a discounted rate and did not use either a Senior or an Access pass to obtain that discount, you will be asked to pay the difference in cash or check when you arrive. Only Senior or Access Passes will be discounted at this location.
A per-day, per-vehicle fee will be collected on-site for extra vehicles (cash or check only).
Busy Highway 40 runs near the campground and campers may hear traffic noise.
Only state licensed OHV's are allowed to unload and operate in campgrounds.
This campground requires a 3 day minimum stay on holiday weekends.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Heber Ranger District at 435-654-0470 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.gocamputah.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
The campground is situated in a beautiful mountain setting along Daniels Creek. A forest of pine, fir and aspen covers the area, and willows line the creek bank. Summer wildflowers dot the landscape.
Strawberry Reservoir is 12 miles away, with plentiful fishing, boating and canoeing opportunities. The Strawberry OHV Trail System offers 75 miles of trails. Hikers and mountain bikers enjoy the extensive trail system as well.
Strawberry Visitor Center has interpretive displays, a working fish trap and egg collection station and a nature trail.
Daniels Creek is stocked with rainbow, brown and cutthroat trout. Foreman Hollow Trail begins in the campground, offering easy to moderate hiking on a 4-mile loop with excellent views of Strawberry Reservoir, Strawberry Peak and Twin Peaks.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
FR113 Wallsburg UT 84082
For campground inquiries, please call: HEBER RANGER DISTRICT 435-654-0470 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Heber City, Utah, take Highway 40 east for 15 miles. Campground is on the right side of the highway.
- Site 005, Loop Loop A , Type Yurt
- Site 008, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 017, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop Loop A , Type Yurt
- Site 001, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 014, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 015, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 012, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 032, Loop Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 034, Loop Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 021, Loop Loop A , Type Yurt
- Site 020, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 010, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 022, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site B1, Loop Loop B , Type Group Shelter Nonelectric
- Site 033, Loop Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 035, Loop Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop Loop A , Type Yurt
- Site 016, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site B2, Loop Loop B , Type Group Shelter Nonelectric
- Site 018, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 023, Loop Loop A , Type Yurt
- Site 006, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 019, Loop Loop A , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop Loop A , Type Yurt