Wolf Creek (UT)
Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Wolf Creek Campground is located on the summit of scenic Wolf Creek Highway at an elevation of 9,400 feet. Visitors enjoy hiking Trail Hollow with its beautiful mountain views.
This campground offers two group sites. Site 1 can accommodate up to 60 people; Site 2 can accommodate up to 30 people. An amphitheater sits above Site 1 and has a cement stage, wood benches and a campfire circle.
Need to Know
RV (Max Length) is the TOTAL length of the site. RV ( Max Length - includes tow vehicle )
For campground Rules and Regulations visit https://www.gocamputah.com/rules .
Please bring all the water you will need for your stay. There is no water on site. You will need water for drinking, cooking, cleaning, washing, etc. Save your waste water for dousing your fire.
This is a pack it in, pack it out facility. No garbage service is available, please bring garbage bags.
- There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
This campground has first-come, first-served sites.
A fee for extra vehicles will be collected at the campground.
Facility is subject to early winters and late springs and can open later and/or close earlier than expected.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Heber Ranger District at 435-654-0470 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.utahrecreationcompany.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
The campground is situated among dense stands of pines, which offer plentiful shade. Aspens dot the landscape. Colorful summer wildflowers fill the mountain meadows on the summit and wildlife is abundant in the area.
Soapstone Basin, just 8 miles north of the campground, offers miles of designated dirt trails for off-road vehicle enthusiasts and mountain bikers. Soapstone also offers excellent birding opportunities.
The 3.5-mile Trail Hollow Trail begins in the campground and offers great hiking into the West Fork of the Duchesne, offering unparalleled views of the surrounding Wasatch Range.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
FR127 Kamas UT 84036
For campground inquiries, please call: HEBER RANGER DISTRICT 435-654-0470 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Woodland, Utah, travel approximately 16 miles on State Highway 35. Campground is on the southwest side of the road.
- Site 02, Loop WOLF, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 01, Loop WOLF, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site GROUP 2, Loop WOLF, Type Group Standard Nonelectric
- Site GROUP 1, Loop WOLF, Type Group Standard Nonelectric
- Site 03, Loop WOLF, Type Standard Nonelectric