Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Little Mill Campground is located in American Fork Canyon on the banks of American Fork Creek. This popular campground is a great place to escape the hot summer days while hiking or fishing.
The campground contains one group site and several family sites, many of which are accessible. Vault toilets are provided.
Need to Know
RV (Max Length) is the TOTAL length of the site. RV ( Max Length - includes tow vehicle ).
For campground Rules and Regulations visit https://www.gocamputah.com/rules .
There is no water available on site. Please bring all of the water you will need for your stay.
This is a 'pack it in, pack it out' facility; please bring garbage bags.
There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
A per-day, per-vehicle fee for extra vehicles will be collected on-site (cash or check only).
Entrance gate is closed between 10pm and 7am.
Horses and off-road vehicles are not permitted in the campground.
The group area includes 9 single sites with a pavilion in the center. Parking space is limited. The group area is composed of sites 28 - 36. The spur lengths vary from 42 to 65 feet in length. The sites are around a loop that may make maneuvering tricky for longer rigs. When not reserved, sites that make up Group Area may be rented as first come, first serve basis.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Pleasant Grove Ranger District at 801-785-3563 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.gocamputah.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
The campground is situated among dense stands of aspen, oak and maple trees, which provide nice shade and beautiful autumn color. Wildlife and summer wildflowers are abundant.
Nearby Tibble Fork and Silver Flat Reservoirs offer canoeing, kayaking and fishing for rainbow, brook and brown trout. A portion of the north shore at Tibble Fork is accessible. Both reservoirs are open only to non-motorized watercraft. Scuba divers frequent Tibble Fork's south shore.
Hiking and mountain biking trails abound at Tibble Fork, some beginning at the reservoir and others nearby. The 6-mile Tibble Fork Trail, 2-mile Pine Hollow Trail, 3-mile Mill Canyon Trail and the 15-mile Ridge Trail are in the vicinity.
Timpanogos Cave National Monument is just a few miles down American Fork Canyon, with a rewarding but steep 1.5-mile hike to a guided tour of the spectacular three-room cave system. The trail offers stunning views of American Fork Canyon.
American Fork Creek is a favorite among fly-fisherman. The creek is stocked with rainbow trout.
The 20-mile paved Alpine Loop Scenic Byway passes the campground, traveling through alpine canyons, mountain meadows, aspen groves and pine forests, providing breathtaking views of the Wasatch Range. This road is not recommended for vehicles over 30 feet in length.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
Little Mill Campground Rd Provo UT 84604
For campground inquiries, please call: PLEASANT GROVE RANGER DISTRICT 801-785-3563 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Salt Lake City or Provo, take I-15 to the Alpine-Highland exit 284. Travel 8 miles east on Utah Highway 92 to the mouth of American Fork Canyon. Stay on 92 for 4 miles to the campground.
- Site 021, Loop LITT, Type Yurt
- Site Group 1, Loop Group Area, Type Group Standard Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop LITT, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 025, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 017, Loop LITT, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 027, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 018, Loop LITT, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop LITT, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 012, Loop LITT, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 015, Loop LITT, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 020, Loop LITT, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 019, Loop LITT, Type Yurt
- Site 008, Loop LITT, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 022, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop LITT, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 023, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 010, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop LITT, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 016, Loop LITT, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 014, Loop LITT, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop LITT, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 024, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop LITT, Type Standard Nonelectric