Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Timpooneke Campground is located along the beautiful Alpine Loop Scenic Byway high in the Wasatch Mountains. The Mount Timpanogos Wilderness Area is adjacent. Visitors enjoy hiking the Timpooneke Trail to the summit of Mount Timpanogos.
The campground contains one group site, nine equestrian sites and several family sites, most of which are accessible.
Campsites are equipped with picnic tables, utility tables and campfire rings. Equestrian sites each have a small horse corral. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided. Campground roads are paved; parking spurs are gravel.
Notifications and Alerts
Need to Know
RV (Max Length) is the TOTAL length of the site. RV ( Max Length - includes tow vehicle )
For campground Rules and Regulations visit https://www.gocamputah.com/rules .
This is a 'pack it in, pack it out' facility; please bring garbage bags.
- There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
Highway 92 accesses the campground has a 30-foot vehicle length restriction; vehicles longer will not be allowed on the road.
- Gates are locked from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
No discharge of firearms or fireworks.
No ATV's/OHV's allowed in campground.
Group site accommodates 40 people only; any additional persons above the maximum will be asked to leave.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Pleasant Grove Ranger District at 801-785-3563 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.utahrecreationcompany.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
The campground lies among dense, shady stands of aspen, fir and spruce trees at an elevation of 7,400 feet. A beaver pond, stream and riparian area are located within the campground. Wildlife and summer wildflowers are abundant and autumn leaves put on quite a show.
Timpanogos Cave National Monument is a few miles down American Fork Canyon, with a rewarding but steep 1.5-mile hike to a guided tour of the spectacular three-room cave system.
Cascade Springs is just 9 miles from the campground. Family-friendly, accessible boardwalks loop around the natural springs.
Nearby Tibble Fork and Silver Flat Reservoirs offer canoeing, kayaking and fishing for rainbow, brook and brown trout. A portion of the north shore at Tibble Fork is accessible. Both reservoirs are open only to non-motorized watercraft. Scuba divers frequent Tibble Fork's south shore.
Hiking and mountain biking trails abound at Tibble Fork, some beginning at the reservoir and others nearby. The 6-mile Tibble Fork, 2-mile Pine Hollow, 3-mile Mill Canyon and the 15-mile Ridge Trails are all in the vicinity.
Hiking is very popular in the area. The 15-mile round-trip Timpooneke Trail begins in the campground and climbs to the summit of rugged Mount Timpanogos. Aspen Grove Trail is nearby, leading to the summit as well. Horses are allowed on Timpooneke Trail.
The rough dirt Timpooneke Road also begins at the campground, nearly circumnavigates Mount Timpanogos and offers excellent mountain biking and birding.
The campground sits along the 20-mile paved Alpine Loop Scenic Byway. It passes through alpine canyons, mountain meadows, aspen groves and pine forests, offering breathtaking views of the Wasatch Range.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
Foresr Rd 056 Provo UT 84604
For campground inquiries, please call: PLEASANT GROVE RANGER DISTRICT 801-785-3563 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Salt Lake City, Utah, take I-15 to the Alpine-Highland exit 284. Travel east on Highway 92 for 5 miles to the junction of Highway 92 and the North Fork of American Fork Canyon. Keep going straight east up the South Fork. Continue on the Alpine Scenic Loop for 3.5 miles to the campground.
- Site 014, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Yurt
- Site 029, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Yurt
- Site 030, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Yurt
- Site 022, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 028, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 020, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 017, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 015, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 019, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 021, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Yurt
- Site 012, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Equestrian Nonelectric
- Site 023, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Equestrian Nonelectric
- Site 010, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Equestrian Nonelectric
- Site 018, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Equestrian Nonelectric
- Site 027, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 024, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Group Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Equestrian Nonelectric
- Site 026, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Equestrian Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Equestrian Nonelectric
- Site 016, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 025, Loop TIMPOONEKE, Type Standard Nonelectric