Pine Valley North Wasatch Cach
Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Pine Valley North Wasatch Cache Group Campground is located on the beautiful Mirror Lake Scenic Byway in the Uinta Mountains of northeastern Utah. The Uintas are known for their abundant recreational opportunities and scenic beauty.
The campground contains three group sites with picnic and serving tables, grills, campfire circles and large paved parking areas. Vault toilets, and trash collection are provided.
Notifications and Alerts
All Individual sites at this campground will operate on a 4-month rolling basis: On January 19, 2023, at 08:00 am MST, availability will be released through May 19, 2023.
Need to Know
RV (Max Length) is the TOTAL length of the site. RV ( Max Length - includes tow vehicle )
For campground Rules and Regulations visit https://www.gocamputah.com/rules .
Bring all the water you will need for your stay. There is no water available onsite. This includes water for drinking, cleaning, cooking, etc.
- There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
This is Pine Valley North Wasatch-Cache near Heber and Park City on the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache Forest; it is not Pine Valley on the Dixie Forest near St. George.
ATVs are prohibited.
A fee of $2/person/day will be collected on-site for each person over the campsite maximum.
A per day, per vehicle fee will be collected on-site for extra vehicles.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Kamas Ranger District at 435-783-4338 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.utahrecreationcompany.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
The campground is situated among shady pines and aspens at an elevation of 7,400 feet. The dense stands of trees provide nice shade and pretty fall color.
Mirror Lake Scenic Byway parallels the Lower Provo River as it snakes across a portion of the Uinta Mountains, leading to numerous high alpine lakes and streams, countless trails, breathtaking scenic viewpoints and various campgrounds.
Fishing, canoeing, hiking, backpacking, horseback riding and biking are popular activities. The High Uintas Wilderness can be accessed from several trails along the byway.
The Lower Provo River is nearby, offering good trout fishing. Numerous hiking, biking and horseback riding trails crisscross this beautiful mountain area, including North Fork and Shingle Creek Trails. Off-road vehicle trails are in the vicinity.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
Forest Rd 424 Kamas UT 84036
For campground inquiries, please call: KAMAS RANGER DISTRICT 435-783-4338 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Salt Lake City, Utah, take I-80 east for approximately 30 miles to Exit 146 for Highway 40 toward Park City/Heber City/Vernal. Take Exit 4 onto Highway 248 toward Kamas. Take left onto UT 32 then right onto Highway 150 (Mirror Lake Scenic Byway). Go 10 miles to campground.
From Salt Lake City, Utah, take I-80 east for approximately 30 miles to Exit 146 for Highway 40. Go south on Highway 40 for approximately 13 miles and take left onto UT Highway 32. Stay on UT-32 for 16 miles (there will be a 4-way stop in Francis.) Take right onto Highway 150 (Mirror Lake Scenic Byway) in Kamas. Go 10 miles to campground.
From Provo, Utah, take Highway 189 thru Provo Canyon to Heber City. At the junction with Highway 40 in Heber, turn left and stay on Highway 189 thru town. At the north end of Heber, turn right onto UT Highway 32. Stay on UT-32 for 16 miles (there will be a 4-way stop in Francis.) Take right onto Highway 150 (Mirror Lake Scenic Byway) in Kamas. Go 10 miles to campground.