Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Sunrise Campground is close to Bear Lake Summit, just 6 miles west of Garden City and Bear Lake, Utah, at an elevation of 7,800 feet. Visitors to the Bear Lake area are treated to a wide range of outdoor recreational opportunities, including boating, water skiing, hiking and scenic driving.
Sunrise is made up of two loops of single-family sites each with a picnic table and fire ring. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided. Roads and parking spurs are paved.
Need to Know
RV( Max length) is the TOTAL length of the site. RV( Max length - includes tow vehicle ).
For campground Rules and Regulations visit https://www.gocamputah.com/rules .
- There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
If not reserved, sites may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Extra Vehicles: One vehicle is included in your single campsite fee; two in your double campsite fee. Each additional vehicle must fit safely on the spur and will be charged a per day fee that is collected on site (cash or check only).
There is a 3-night minimum stay on holiday weekends.
Reservations must be made at least 4 days in advance.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
Call Logan Ranger District at 435-755-3620 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385.273.1100
Visit our webiste www.gocamputah.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org .
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
A mixed-growth conifer and aspen forest covers the site, providing partial shade and nice privacy between sites. Summer wildflowers are abundant.
Beautiful Bear Lake straddles the Utah/Idaho border and is just 6 miles from the campground. Outdoor activities abound at Bear Lake, with endless boating, waterskiing, jet skiing, scuba diving, swimming, hiking, biking, horseback and off-road vehicle riding opportunities. Sightseeing and scenic driving are popular activities.
Limber Pine Trail, a one-mile loop that's perfect for families, begins less than a half-mile from the campground. It leads to a 500-year old Limber Pine. Bear Lake Summit is one mile away and offers picnic tables, interpretive displays and breathtaking views of Bear Lake.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
Sunrise Campground Garden City UT 84028
For campground inquiries, please call: LOGAN RANGER DISTRICT 435-755-3620 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Logan, Utah, take Highway 89 east for 31 miles, then turn south onto FR102. Follow for .6 miles to campground. Sunrise is one mile west of Bear Lake Summit and 6 miles west of Garden City, Utah.
- Site 012, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 010, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 019, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 025, Loop SUNR, Type Yurt
- Site 015, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 026, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 023, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 020, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 021, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 018, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 017, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 024, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 022, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 016, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 027, Loop SUNR, Type Yurt
- Site 014, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop SUNR, Type Standard Nonelectric